Author Topic: Expiration Notice  (Read 3026 times)

fire

Expiration Notice
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:36:23 AM »
I think I saw something about this the other day but I just got an email from avast stating my subscription will be expiring in 30 days,,,according to the UI I still have 284 days left,,,can someone point me to the thread that discusses this,,or even answer me here as to why I received this email,,,thanks,,btw I do have avast on another laptop but it was installed the same day as my pc so that also has the same amount of days left.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:38:59 AM by fire »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Expiration Notice
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
Check your my.avast.com account as that may have a device on it which is within 30 days or isn't correctly updating. Emails about re-registration are most likely to have come from your avast account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fire

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »
Dave acct say expires 3/18/2014,,do you think this email can be for an older acct thats no longer in use???

fire

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 01:08:46 AM »
Dave when I check my acct it states that only one device is registered,,how can I reg my wifes laptop,,which is showing avast doesn't expire til next Feb also. What I mean is her laptops reg is good,,just not listed under the devices on my acct. Do I have to open her own acct?? Also my wife is the one who got the email,,not me. My acct is registered under my email.

Just added,,,I guess I can just create an acct for her laptop to make this easier. I don't think her protection will lapse if it isn't done though if the UI states its good til next Feb.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:19:11 AM by fire »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 02:18:33 AM »
Dave acct say expires 3/18/2014,,do you think this email can be for an older acct thats no longer in use???

Only if you have created one, in which case you would need to log on to that account and ensure any redundant devises are removed. Otherwise it may still believe they are active.

Dave when I check my acct it states that only one device is registered,,how can I reg my wifes laptop,,which is showing avast doesn't expire til next Feb also. What I mean is her laptops reg is good,,just not listed under the devices on my acct. Do I have to open her own acct?? Also my wife is the one who got the email,,not me. My acct is registered under my email.

Just added,,,I guess I can just create an acct for her laptop to make this easier. I don't think her protection will lapse if it isn't done though if the UI states its good til next Feb.

You can have your wife's installation linked to your account, avastUI > Settings > Account and that will show id A) it is connected to an account and B) which one (email address) it is connected to.

If it is connected to another account, disconnect it and then connect it to your account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fire

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »
David,,if I did nothing with my wife's laptop (as far as creating an acct with that device ),,and remember on the UI it states that the registration is valid until next Feb,,shouldn't her laptop be protected until then? Just asking.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:50:24 AM by fire »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 03:29:33 AM »
If you haven't created an account for your wife's laptop, then the email would be unrelated to that as avast doesn't send emails to you but would use the UI to notify you of impending re-registration requirement. First pop-up notification around 60 days, then 30 days, then more frequently.

The avast account appears to send an email to the email address for that account at 30 days.

You don't physically have to have an account linked to your installation so it should work as normal as far as re-registration goes, but as I said there is nothing to stop you linking her installation to your avast account.

fire

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 03:33:40 AM »
Thanks David,,we only use her laptop as a back up in the event her ipad or our pc has a problem. I only boot it up maybe once a month to get all updates anyway. No need to respond.