Author Topic: WEB provider does not run  (Read 2690 times)

ukrause

WEB provider does not run
« on: April 09, 2005, 07:26:15 PM »
I got the message in AVAST: Provider is waiting for start of a sub-system
and also in my System-Events it says ID:7000 Service Control Manager. The Service "avast Web Scanner" could not start due to following error:
The system cannot find the file

Any Ideas, what this could happen ?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: WEB provider does not run
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 08:03:58 PM »
If you have enabled the Outlook/Exchange provider (only required if you are using MS Outlook or MS Exchange, not Outlook Express), then it is waiting for MS Outlook to be started.

If you have MS Outlook, ensure that the avast Plug-in is enabled in MS Outpost.

What is your OS and email program?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ukrause

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 10:48:44 PM »
@DavidR

Thanks David, just found the Problem by myself. Not the Mail Provider had the problem, but the WEB Provider. I know now, this error happened for following reason:

I had deinstalled AVAST with their tool "aswclear.exe " but this tool did not remove the installation path for the ashwebsv in the registry. I later reinstalled avast but into another directory. The registry still showed for ashwebsv the older path from previous install. No wonder he could not find the file ....

Thanks

Ulrich

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »
I had deinstalled AVAST with their tool "aswclear.exe " but this tool did not remove the installation path for the ashwebsv in the registry.

I've never had this problem... Anyway, I do not uninstall avast that frequently  ;D

Are you sure you follow the 'rules':
1. Uninstall through Control Panel (Add/Remove programs)
2. Boot
3. aswclear.exe tool
4. Boot

If yes, it could have a problem in the aswclear.exe tool  :P
The best things in life are free.