Author Topic: Send audio or text alert from PC to android phone. Is it possible?  (Read 4355 times)

perigorn

Well basically what I want to do is while my computer is running a scan or even say after a scan is complete is for my PC to either send a detailed text message to my phone or push (through wi-fi) an alert sound when an infected file is found and also when a scan is done. That way I can be in another room, etc. in the house but be alerted the second that it's done. I know there are some apps like Airfoil and whatnot that can work with my Samsung Galaxy 4 Android phone, but I'm guessing it's only for like streaming music, and not for system sounds, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get something like this to work? Thanks in advance guys.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Send audio or text alert from PC to android phone. Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »
as i remember there is a option to send Message to a mail account....never tested it, but those who have say they dont get it to work!

Tetsuo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
but those who have say they dont get it to work!

I tried to report a bug apparently to no avail -  since I have received no official reply.
Info here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=123961.msg939605#msg939605

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
as i remember there is a option to send Message to a mail account...

Yes, there is. The phone should alert you of an incoming mail if Avast! detected an infected file after a scan or during regular file system check up.

but those who have say they dont get it to work!

I tried to report a bug apparently to no avail -  since I have received no official reply.
Info here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=123961.msg939605#msg939605

May be I've been lucky. It has always worked for me. Now, when Avast! 8 came out, I have to switch SMTP port 25 to 587, but now it is working again with port 25.

Tetsuo

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »
I have to switch SMTP port 25 to 587, but now it is working again with port 25.

The issue appears when using port 465 - as described in the original thread.

iroc9555

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 06:36:21 PM »
Sorry if i did not have the facts straight; However, as I understand it, Avast! works only with this ports for e-mail:
SMTP port 25,587
POP port 110
IMAP port 143
NNTP port 119

I could be wrong though.

Tetsuo

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
Usually if you enable POP, the outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires SSL or TLS. Default port for SSL is 465, default port for TLS is 587 (e.g. Gmail).

EDIT: added more info
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:20:38 PM by Tetsuo »

perigorn

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »
Well an email won't cut it for me anyway, it needs to be a text message or audible alert. If I set my phone to alert me when I get an email, it would be constantly going off, lol!