Author Topic: Request: Retina Display support + Notification Centre  (Read 5268 times)

Smorgg

Request: Retina Display support + Notification Centre
« on: October 31, 2012, 05:00:03 AM »
I would like to request that the graphics be updated to support high DPI Retina Displays on the new MacBook Pro's. This is most important for the status icon in the menu bar, as this is always visible. Currently this icon, and all other graphics, come out quite pixellated. It is extremely easy to add support for high DPI displays, and it makes the app look significantly better.

I would also like to request that the app be updated to make use of the built in Notification Centre in OSX 10.8. The current notifications look quite ugly, and are quite a nuisance. Utilising the built in notification centre would be a vast improvement.

It would also be nice to add the animated status bar icon like the windows version, to show when the program is scanning/active.

Of course these requests are both specific to avast! for Mac.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:34:53 AM by Smorgg »

zivilist

Re: Request: Retina Display support + Notification Centre
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:43:04 AM »
Nice request: Thumb up

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
High resolution graphics for retina displays will for sure appear in one of the next program updates. On the other hand, support for the notification center on 10.8 is  unlikely to come in the nearest future as the notification center has not all the features required by the avast! popups. More, we maintain the product to be compatible with all Mac OS X versions starting with 10.5, so a 10.8 specific feature does not fit very well into this scenario.

jacopoalberto

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
I quote! PLEASE upgrade the Mac version of Avast to support Retina MacBooks Resolution. The product is fantastic but is really annoying to have grainy icons!

jacopoalberto

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »
I would like to request that the graphics be updated to support high DPI Retina Displays on the new MacBook Pro's. This is most important for the status icon in the menu bar, as this is always visible. Currently this icon, and all other graphics, come out quite pixellated. It is extremely easy to add support for high DPI displays, and it makes the app look significantly better.

I would also like to request that the app be updated to make use of the built in Notification Centre in OSX 10.8. The current notifications look quite ugly, and are quite a nuisance. Utilising the built in notification centre would be a vast improvement.

It would also be nice to add the animated status bar icon like the windows version, to show when the program is scanning/active.

Of course these requests are both specific to avast! for Mac.

Thanks.

I share all your points. It would be great if you implemented Retina Graphics!

Thank you very much.

jacopoalberto

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
High resolution graphics for retina displays will for sure appear in one of the next program updates.

Unfortunately it has not been the case. Please do it!