Author Topic: Avast deleted my VPN account but charging me regardless  (Read 6548 times)

Mzperx

Avast deleted my VPN account but charging me regardless
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »
Greetings,

I signed up for Avast Secureline VPN in February 2013. I use the auto renewal option and my subscription is renewed every month. It worked fine for a few months. I have all the evidence of paying for access.

In early June something happened at Avast (outsourcing?). About a week ago I was no longer able to login, hence the long nightmare of seeking support began. I tried over the phone and via e-mail to various "support" e-mail IDs but in all cases no one was able to help. The helpdesk folks keep transferring me from one line to another, open tickets for me but nothing gets resolved. My attempts to get access via email end even worse: I get an auto notification about a ticket being open with a link. I click on the link and am asked to logon, which I cannot. I can't ever progress beyond this point.

After a few days eventually I managed to get a semi-response: someone sent me a password. I tried it and it did not work. All subsequent requests on the topic went unanswered. Simply no one get back to me.

I am getting the idea that Avast is a fraudulent company. They get users to sign up for a service then discontinue it and keep charging money on the credit card.

I'd like to believe it is not so, however the fact remains fact.

If anyone has any idea how to get support from this company I will appreciate it. Short of that I will put a stop on my credit card to make sure that Avast can no longer bill me for anything. I may even cancel that credit card.

Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast deleted my VPN account but charging me regardless
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »
try to contact them here   http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

you may add a link to this topic in case they reply here

Mzperx

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
It's a negative, as in it is impossible for me to get any support from Avast at all. The only thing I mastered the past two weeks is to disable my auto-renewal but I am not even sure how reliable it is. Avast helpdesk is UTTERLY USELESS! They don't even know if they are coming or going and are completely, 100% unwilling to help in any shape of form. They seem to be content to just rip me off for more money now that they have my credit card number. I would like to use this opportunity to warn any potential new client about Avast: they are fraud artists. Please avoid them at all cost.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 12:28:56 PM »
what product are we talking about? There are a few SecureLine products from avast! now. Screenshot?
Quality is also a feature.

Mzperx

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
Hi, I can't figure out how to post a screenshot. The "Insert Image" button just puts image start and image end codes in the text but there is no way to actually upload an image file.

However, I am using the avast!Secureline VPN client, which I downloaded from Avast. The installation file is called SecureLine-install.exe and has a filesize of 6,044 KB. It worked fine and probably still would if my ID hadn't been removed from your server.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »
Use the Attachments and other options link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mzperx

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
Thanks for the instructions. Here is the screenshot.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »
thank you for the message, we are working on a solution
Quality is also a feature.

Mzperx

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
No resolution yet just a promise that I get a refund for the month I didn't have my login access. Where I am we check user IDs in minutes.