Author Topic: Avast Personal Vs Kaspersky Personal 5  (Read 10762 times)

Antigen

Avast Personal Vs Kaspersky Personal 5
« on: April 10, 2005, 08:49:23 PM »
Dear user of Avast Antivirus, I have some problem with the good antivirus Kaspersky (for detection) and now I need a new alternative.... Avast is comparable with Kaspersky PErsonal 5 for detection of viruses and malware ecc....
Thanks.  ;)

kamulko

Re: Avast Personal Vs Kaspersky Personal 5
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 08:57:35 PM »
I tried thousands of AV... I like Avast!. It don't have the coloured interfaces of Norton or McAfee...also nor simple configuration like AVG or other software... but I like it for the high customization and the powerful engine. (full colour and rounded GUI steals a lot of memory and slow down the OS, I think). This is the voice of the brain.
The voice of the heart says: "AVAST! THE ONLY, THE ONE, THE BEST AV OF THE WORLD!!!"   ;D

Antigen

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:01:22 PM »
Thanks  :)
Another Italian user! Ciao!

kamulko

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 09:04:19 PM »
anche tu? Prima niente per mesi... poi 2 nel giro di due giorni... bene bene... la crociata per diffondere Avast! in Italia sta procedendo.  ;D

Antigen

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 09:10:15 PM »
L'importante è che funzioni anche!!!  ;D
Ho comprato la licenza di Kaspersky Personal ed ora per un bug mi sa che devo cambiarlo!!! >:( O utilizzare la vecchia release (sempre la 5)... ma si sa che usare un software non patchato correttamente espone a rischi...  >:(

kamulko

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 09:22:39 PM »
io sono talmente soddisfatto che ho comprato la licenza per 2 anni. Tra poco uscirà la nuova versione ma il Team ci tiene all'oscuro... tranne per qualcosa che si deudce dalle rare risposte nel Forum. I bug di Avast! esistono e ogni tanto ne viene fuori uno di minore importanza e viene patchato immediatamente. Ti assicuro che in molti, qui, stanno usando la versione beta (me compreso che non sono un mostro di competenza come alcuni) e ti assicuro che è salda come una roccia.

Antigen

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 09:26:08 PM »
Nuova versione!??! Ma non è appena uscita la 4.6? Scusa la domanda che potrei risolvere da me... quanto costa la licenza biennale?

kamulko

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 10:53:08 PM »
Scusa il ritardo con cui ti rispondo, ma era andata via la luce... blackout! beh, non ricordo quanto ho pagato la licenza biennale, ma puoi trovare chiarimenti sul sito del distributore italiano di Avast! Non ci sono certezze, ma credo che sul finire 2005-2006 ci saranno novità. Non me l'ha detto nessuno, sia chiaro, ma mi sono fatto un'idea da certi elementi.

distributore in italia: http://www.blufile.it/

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:26:28 AM »
If you don`t keep the English you`ll be alone...  :P
Oh, read the forum policy, here English is the language  ;)
The best things in life are free.

kamulko

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 12:35:18 AM »
Sorry, Tech, I knew it... but I see an Italian user who is evaluating to come into "Avast! Brotherood" and for us is more easy to explain: if you look at a quick babelfish translation, you'll see how I'm an ... EVANGELIST!!! ;D

americano

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
anche tu? Prima niente per mesi... poi 2 nel giro di due giorni... bene bene... la crociata per diffondere Avast! in Italia sta procedendo.  ;D

Chiedo scusa ma non ho capito bene DOVE dovevo inviare questa mia richiesta..
perdonatemi l'errore per favore. Ho un problema(credo): da un po' di tempo la
finestrina che in automatico mi appariva sul desktop avvisando che era stato fatto un aggiornamento..NON compare piu'. Ho controllato: tutto risulta al riguardo impostato fin dall'inizio in "automatici".Non mi spiego quindi. 7 gg. fa accendendp il pc mi trovai un messaggio di Avast che diceva solamente: Spegnere e riavviare il computer".
Nient'altro. Mi pare proprio che da quel periodo non appare piu' la finestra di avviso dell'aggiornamento. Qualcuno puo' aiutarmi o spiegarmi,per favore ?
Gradirei una risposta personale,per cortesia...come sia capitato qui NON lo
saprei ripetere---:) Grazie..sono preoccupato..
pgiorgio.m@tin.it

TAP

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »
Kaspersky Anti-virus is state-of-the-art scanner, IMHO. The proactive defense module (behaviour blocker) in Kaspersky 6 can stop/block 99%+ of the malware collection conducted by AV-Comparatives.org, hope avast! will have such feature in its next version.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:46:27 PM by TAP »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »
JerryM, I've been watching your posts here and over at Wilders' for some time, and frankly, I don't really know what your point is.

This forum is not a "which AV to use / not use" discussion board. Instead, it's a place meant to support those who have, and are using (or planning to use) avast! antivirus. This is why it was created and this is why we (well, most of us) come here.

I think the confusion is that you think that avast "is a second tier AV product" while most of people here don't think so.

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Thorny

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03:11 AM »
I am sorry I do not understand Italian, but I did an on-line translation of Americano's post earlier today that re-ignited this thread. 

"I ask excuse but I have not understood well WHERE I had to send to this my demand.
you pardon the error please to me. I have a problem (creed): they give a little time
finestrina that in automatic rifle appeared to me on the desktop informing that it had been made a modernization. .NON appears piu'. has controlled: all it turns out with regard to set up from the beginning in “automati to us”. I do not explain therefore 7 gg. it makes accendendp the PC I found a message of Avast that only said: To extinguish and to riavviare the computer”.
Nient'altro. It seems just to me that from that period the window of warning of the modernization does not appear piu'. Someone puo' to help me or to explain to me, please?
I would appreciate a personal answer, for cortesia...com and is capitato here NOT
I would know to repeat---:) Thanks. .sono preoccupied.
pgiorgio.m@tin.it"[/i]

Hmmm.... Looks to me as if Americano did not know where to post a request for help in Italian so he tacked it on to this 14 month old thread which also contains posts in his own language. Although the translation is not very clear, it would appear he has a problem with an Avast update causing an error message?

Not one mention of Kaspersky anywhere!

Is there any chance anyone on the forum can actually help this guy?

Cheers,

Thorny

JerryM

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 12:18:50 AM »
JerryM, I've been watching your posts here and over at Wilders' for some time, and frankly, I don't really know what your point is.

This forum is not a "which AV to use / not use" discussion board. Instead, it's a place meant to support those who have, and are using (or planning to use) avast! antivirus. This is why it was created and this is why we (well, most of us) come here.

I think the confusion is that you think that avast "is a second tier AV product" while most of people here don't think so.

Cheers
Vlk

Hi Vik,
I have no point. I am not here to criticize Avast per se. If you permit such discussions and questions I am just participating. They make up a very small part of the forum.

I have no  quarrel with anyone who thinks Avast is the best AV for his use. But one is blind to think it has the best protection, since when it gets down to it detection is what I have an AV for.

My definition of a second tier AV has to do with detection rates. The single best and most objective test organization is AV Comparatives. It is obvious which AVs are rated Advanced +, Advanced, and Standard. It is purely detection rates, and that is an objective number.

The most important thing about this forum is to help solve Avast problems for Avast users. That is only one part of Wilders.

I was using Avast, and came here to keep up with how it does, and what problems might be encountered. I have no motive other than that.

As to Wilders, do you find that I have zeroed in on Avast? If so post a few lines where I have been unfair. I  enter into the discussions as I think I can add something or ask questions, or contribute.

I have no emotional attachment in my own mind about software, nor are my posts emotional. I am willing to abide by the rules of the forum as long as I know what they are. I am sure that this forum was not started to bash Avast, and I  have not done that.
I recommend that you quickly close threads that either start or begin to make a comparison of AVs.

Best,
Jerry