Author Topic: Log Infos  (Read 2583 times)

Salen

« on: April 08, 2006, 09:59:55 PM »
Hi,

I have a Problem with the Log files. I need to know where the program saves the Information about scans who were done. I can't find these Information.

Thx for Help

greez

salen

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Log Infos
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 10:19:30 PM »
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\Report > scanning info
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\Log > error and program behavior info
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setup.log > installation and update info

You can lauch avast Log Viewer too  8)
The best things in life are free.

Salen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »
yes..., i have found the logviewer already....

but there is no information about the scans i have done. I need to know when the scan was done, wich virus definition was used, and wich drives where scanned and the faults and warnig who were given out. 

I need these infos for a LAN, because they allow you only to access the network if you have done a scan....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »
but there is no information about the scans i have done. I need to know when the scan was done, wich virus definition was used, and wich drives where scanned and the faults and warnig who were given out. 
Home version store the info of the last scanning only. You cannot 'work' with the results.
Pro version stores as many as you want, there is scheduling, filter options, and you can work with the results (like deleting a file, rescaning it, etc.).

I need these infos for a LAN, because they allow you only to access the network if you have done a scan....
Well, this seems to be a work for ADNM version of avast and not the Home/Pro...
Is this a home network?
The best things in life are free.

Salen

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 11:04:34 PM »
ok... then i have to buy pro....

and with the lan..., it's only me and few others who use this program. The admins only want to know that you have done a virus scan, that there is no virus during the Lan in the network. And to assure this, they want to knew about the previously named points... ;)

greez

salen
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 11:14:01 PM by Salen »