Author Topic: I downloaded avast! and cannot connect to the Internet  (Read 2285 times)

traine20

I downloaded avast! and cannot connect to the Internet
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:10:01 PM »
Hi, I downloaded avast! to my Mac yesterday and shortly after, my Mac could not connect to the Internet anywhere. I have tried uninstalling avast! and ran a search for any remaining avast! files and deleted them, but still cannot connect to the Internet. I have tried multiple browsers, but no luck. I'm not positive that it's due to avast! but I was hoping someone on here has experienced a similar issue or can direct me to a thread that addresses this issue. Right now I'm on my phone and it is pretty inconvenient to look for similar issues without being familiar with this forum. If anyone can find a solution for this issue for me, that would be great.

Offline specimen9999

Re: I downloaded avast! and cannot connect to the Internet
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »
First, the correct way to uninstall avast is from it's own menu, where it says "uninstall avast". So, you should install avast! again, and then use the built-in uninstall functionality.

As to why you can't connect to the internet, I have no idea, I'm using avast! and I'm replying to you right now.