Author Topic: A problem with Avast Update  (Read 2163 times)

PowerUp

A problem with Avast Update
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:48:12 AM »
Hi, avast!. I have a problem with my avast! Free Antivirus: When I am on Internet, it is automatically update but it consumes RAM very much. My RAM has 512MB so I hope you to create an update to fix that problem. I'll continue encourage more people download and use your company software. Thank you!

Aventador

Re: A problem with Avast Update
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:05:40 AM »
With only 512MB of ram you must have a computer which is at least 10 years old. With that said 4GB of ram is standard now a days. So its time to start looking at a new pc or upgrade your ram. If you upgrade your ram bump it up to 2GB. As far as Avast which version are you using? Are you running any other security? What is your internet speed?

http://www.crucial.com/

PowerUp

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:45 AM »
I'm using Avast 8.0.1489 and don't use any other antivirus software and my internet speed is about over 2Mbps
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:49:54 AM by PowerUp »

Aventador

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
Well your Avast is current but your system is very old and your internet connection is very slow. Not really much anyone can do for you. I am on a 18MB connection. Does your ISP offer any other speeds? "You cant turbo charge a Yugo". Basically your seeing what your seeing because that's all you can get. Looks like its time you upgrade your pc and your internet speeds.