Author Topic: LOCATE command does not work  (Read 20742 times)

ezhillmaran

Re: LOCATE command does not work
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »
i can confirm that Locate command is still not working. I've installed root version of avast and set it as admin in my rooted HTC ONE X. when i try to use locate command from my.avast.com website, i get command timeout error.

Susanchc

LOCATE command does not work
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 02:55:09 AM »
HI. I can give help to locate my lost cell. thanks

dgmilitao

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
hello,

I did the installation of avast anti-theft on my android version 2.3.4 following the User manual in pdf and realized all the settings, but when I do log into the web site my.avast.com the locate command does not work even though with wifi and GPS enabled. What i need to do?

Note. My phone (Sony Xperia Mini Pro sk17a) is not rooted because my firmware 2.0.2.A.0.62 not allow root yet.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:48:05 PM by dgmilitao »

reinhardholzner

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
what do you mean by "does not work" please describe more clearly.

dgmilitao

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 04:28:45 AM »

Hello again,
So,after make my login in my account on avast website to use the locate command, the command does not work,The tool locate only search but gives no answer, even with my gps and wifi turned on my phone was not found.

I apologize for my bad English,  :-\

Frypan

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »
when using a prepaid sim card on a lost phone, does the location sms which was sent from that phone is charged of that sim card? what if the card has no value anymore.

is there a way to send that message over wifi or g3? wifi or g3 is often a flat rate.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Again: what does "does not work" mean? Can you send the command or not? Do you get reply or not? Does it time out or not?

Hello again,
So,after make my login in my account on avast website to use the locate command, the command does not work,The tool locate only search but gives no answer, even with my gps and wifi turned on my phone was not found.

I apologize for my bad English,  :-\

reinhardholzner

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
hi, if you register for avast! account, the location will go via web.

when using a prepaid sim card on a lost phone, does the location sms which was sent from that phone is charged of that sim card? what if the card has no value anymore.

is there a way to send that message over wifi or g3? wifi or g3 is often a flat rate.

TzNuTz

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »
I know I'm kind of late on the issue but here's the main reason and should fix everything. If you have a fully rooted android phone and for some odd reason the commands are not going through, please make sure your logged into your Avast account through the ANTI-THEFT setting within the phone and that your background data is not restricted. The BACKGROUND DATA within most android phone is what causes the blockage of the commands so have it turn on just as you would need it on for GOOGLE MARKET. Hope this answers most of the issues people are having. Good luck!!!

reinhardholzner

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »
yes, C2DM (cloud to device messaging) from google only works with background data setting turned on. Note that this does not apply to Android 4 versions because there is no such setting anymore.

petterson

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Please, i didnt get to send commands by my partner cellphone using messages.

For instance, i put the message "1234 siren on" and the message was sent like text and not command.

1234 = my pin

My smartphone is HTC Desire HD, not root, android and i have another anti thefts applications in my phone like androidlost and wheres my droid that the avast wants to remove.

Is there a site to send commands instead of other smartphone?

Por favor, usando outro celular cadastrado envio comando, mas acaba aparecendo somente como texto.

O comando que dou é PIN COMMAND

Meu smartphone é o htc desire hd, nao esta root, é android e possuo mais outros 2 aplicativos para me certificar, pois nao acredito que venha me ajudar tao bem, um apenas.
Os outros sao androidlost e o wheresmydroid, que o avast quer remover.

Ha algum site para aplicar os comandos sem ser por mensagens?

Responda em portugues se der, por favor!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:53:24 PM by petterson »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
you can pair your phone with your avast! Account (open Anti-Theft -> avast! Account) and send commands from our online interface my.avast.com

to get SMS commands to work I recommend to make sure you remember your avast! PIN correctly first of all:
Grab your phone, open the phone app and "call" your avast! PIN like you would do with a phone number. If Anti-Theft opens up, your PIN is correct

Now make sure Anti-Theft is enabled and see if there are any "Issues" you might need to resolve (probably a yellow warning "Issues!" in top right corner.

This should do the trick.

Werner

Slaaavo

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 12:40:40 PM »
I tried using my.avast.com to test the Anti-theft, but it didn't work because i didn't have internet connection enabled on my phone (because I'm abroad). So I tried sending a message as PIN Locate and got a confirmation message saying it was received and i should wait for the location. After couple minutes I got a text saying: avast! Anti-theft (www.avast.com) location. Map (query timeout) (some long url) and so on.

Does that mean that I simply can't locate the phone without internet connection?