Author Topic: Data stream from Avast shuts down users access to server  (Read 2771 times)

MtnGoat

Data stream from Avast shuts down users access to server
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
Hi All.
Since Avast Server protection was installed, users are unable to connect to their mapped drive folders. I'm at a loss as to which service is causing the disturbance, or how to change the timing of the event to an after business hours schedule. The staff reports their access to the server is denied daily at roughly 1630-1700 hrs. A check of services shows no events scheduled for this time frame.

I started running Wireshark to record activity to and from the server. My initial analysis shows a data stream coming from 50.7.97.2 (Avast-a402fs.avast.com) out of Los Angeles, CA. There is a continuous stream that lasts five to six minutes blocking all other traffic to the server. Another flood comes in at 1030-1100 hrs from 204.45.178.2. Again, another server from Avast is the originator from a403fs.avast.com out of Denver, CO. I'm no expert in Wireshark, but I can use the filters to help shed light on a problem.

To assist those that are willing to help solve this mystery, I'll need to post more info as your questions arise. I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Data stream from Avast shuts down users access to server
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
Hello,

Please let us know what Real-time shields have you installed on the server machine.

Cheers