Author Topic: very slow connection to VPN  (Read 17774 times)

tevion

very slow connection to VPN
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
Hi at all,

since a few days I get more and more difficulties to use  Internet and mail on my iPhone.
VPN is not enabled for a long time, then after a few minutes of work connection.
This is very annoying and makes using the iPhone unnecessarily difficult.
Currently the connection is set to automatic
Manual server settings, however, has also brought no improvement.
What can I do?
I have a license which is still over 300 days valid.
Also i want SecureLine like to continue to use.

Greatings
Tevion
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:02:19 PM by Tevion »

tevion

Re: very slow connection to VPN
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
Hi at all,

now it seems Avast SecureLine is functionable again for me.
Set server settings to the nearest server (prague) and now it runs how it should.
Why there is no server in Austria in the list ??

Greeting Tevion

kevpan815

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
Secure Line VPN for IOS will indeed most likely need to be Upgraded due to the fact that Apple Lost a Patient Lawsuit that now requires them in all Future IOS Versions to Connect to VPN only when a Connection is actually needed, rather than on Demand.

Source: Macrumors.com

3cushion

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »
Well, what about us iOSusers? I remove & re-install my VPN several times a day. That is more than a little annoying. I do this b/c the connect justs freezes while I am online... I try changing server sites each time...doesn't seem to matter.
I really need an antivirus on the iPad. Hotspots are too dangerous without it.

How does one escalate this problem to avast?

Jim b
[EDIT]forgot to mention.. I use ver iOS 6.1.3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:56:44 PM by 3cushion »

3cushion

Server set to automatic
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
The slow times have reduced some after the server setting was set to auto. I still shut down when the service freezes, wait a few minutes then re- install.  I do want this service to succeed. My iPad insists on it! ::)

Cheers,
Jim b

kevpan815

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:42:20 AM »
Jan (Avast Moderator) has said that a newer version is supposed to come out before IOS 7.0 hits this fall. However the Avast Moderator's have been very busy with the Public Beta for Android Devices which is most likely why we have not seen any of the Regular Avast Employee's here recently. As for the Patient Dispute about VPN, Apple did indeed lose the dispute, not sure who the Plantiff was, but I read about it on Macrumors.com.

kevpan815

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »
P.S. Keep in mind that Apple has Traditionally been more difficult to Develop Apps to its Apple App Store, by the way, I am a member of the Apple Developer Program, and each time a new Apple Beta comes out that we get access to, Apple requires us to Re-sign the Apple NDA that Apple's Beta Software is Protected under. as a result developing software on Android has always been easier to do than on the Apple App Store, mostly due to Apple's Strict Review Process.

kevpan815

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
Try reading my posts with Jan, although I agree that it is still good to post your own message if you are having problems with the software, it does not hurt to read other posts here as well (even more important since this is a new product with a new Sub-Forum, and a very few messages here).

3cushion

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
kevpan815: Thought I would return for new news. I would do the same (for Andriod) as avast is doing… more users out there.
Thanks for the update … maybe there would be double work for Secureline now; then in Fall a redo for iOS7? I can wait… and will return occasionally to follow the situation.

It seems Secureline is clogging more than usual since June. It still is a drag to delete, wait, then re-install. But a VPN is absolutely essential for WiFi only iPads while visiting different hot spots.

Still patient….
Jim B
iOS6.1.3

kevpan815

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »
The Android Beta is now Over so hopefully Avast will start working on a new Secure Line for IOS Devices. What I was implying about the Android Product having more features is that it has the following: Real Anti-Virus, Firewall (Rooted Installs Only), Anti-Theft, and Backup to Google Drive.

3cushion

3cushion
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »
Thanks again for the update. Actually, I see little need for my use of. IOS 7 on my iPad. But, iI'll take what it gives me if Secure Line works as advertised. Several of my iMac friends use Android phones and sync w/ iMac... I should look closer for my use. But a different Pad? I don't think so.  :-\
Cheers, Jim B

Sept 25:
Well iOS7 is out but I see no action on a new Secureline that doesn't stall out...
Sometime? Before my year fee is up?
Cheers Jim B
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:11:41 AM by 3cushion »

3cushion

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 02:13:24 AM »
See Tevion's latest post.      What a tragedy! Oh well.
, looking for new product now...

And oh BTW.  Refund what is. Left in my Account!,,

Jim b

tevion

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »
See Tevion's latest post.      What a tragedy! Oh well.
, looking for new product now...

And oh BTW.  Refund what is. Left in my Account!,,

Jim b

Hello, yes me to.
Wrote support today for a refund.
Since I have the app installed (ca. 65 days ago), it actually works maybe 40 days
and then with interruptions only  - no sever, very slow connection and so on.
Hope they replaced the remaining 200 days.

Since IOS 7.0.3 nothing goes - no server found ....

I am surprised that all other app developers have obviously done their homework,
the watches seem to go only with Avast different.
Just let us hang as paying customers without any information with a non-working app I find it quite rude.

But well, as I wrote in the German forum, I suspect that SecureLine for IOS is a stillbirth anyway.
but that's my personal opinion.

Very customer-friendly :-((

Tevion

P.S.: still no answer to my request to support nor to my request for refund until today - very bad :-((

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:12:03 AM by Tevion »