Author Topic: windows vista 32 bit aswrvrt.sys (Won't boot)  (Read 3326 times)

txtesez

windows vista 32 bit aswrvrt.sys (Won't boot)
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
Hello, 

My daughter had a dell laptop running windows vista 32 bit.

As of last night we tried to reboot and it does nothing but stay at 'microsoft corporation' start up screen.

If I try and run safe more or any other option (networking, prompt) all it does is load to file aswrvrt.sys and stays there.

I cannot run repair as there is no option.  I cannot get to command prompt as there is no option; other than 'safe mode and command prompt', which once again only loads to aswrvrt.sys.

I have only this disk:  Reinstallation DVD Windows Vista Business 32BIT sp2.  Which does the same thing; I set computer to boot from cd/dvd it says loading windows files and then gets to aswrvrt.sys and stops.

Is there any other info I can give you?  We both have avast, I'm assuming hers is the same versiona as mine:  8.0.1489

Thank you,
Tina

Johnny4745

Re: windows vista 32 bit aswrvrt.sys (Won't boot)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
Hello, 

My daughter had a dell laptop running windows vista 32 bit.

As of last night we tried to reboot and it does nothing but stay at 'microsoft corporation' start up screen.

If I try and run safe more or any other option (networking, prompt) all it does is load to file aswrvrt.sys and stays there.

I cannot run repair as there is no option.  I cannot get to command prompt as there is no option; other than 'safe mode and command prompt', which once again only loads to aswrvrt.sys.

I have only this disk:  Reinstallation DVD Windows Vista Business 32BIT sp2.  Which does the same thing; I set computer to boot from cd/dvd it says loading windows files and then gets to aswrvrt.sys and stops.

Is there any other info I can give you?  We both have avast, I'm assuming hers is the same versiona as mine:  8.0.1489

Thank you,
Tina

Try this:

Shut down the computer.  Start it up, and hold down the F8 key,  you should see a list of start options.

Use the down arrow and go to last known good configuration, and hit enter.

txtesez

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »
hello and thanks, but I've  tried that and all options listed, none work.

I'm using my laptop now to try and do the frst and otlpenet but i've been stuck at 0% extracting for a long time now, not sure why.

txtesez

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
NEVERMIND...

Somehow it finally booted.  I got disgusted and just let it sit, I went to open it to look at options one last time and the darn thing is up.

If something else occurs I will let you know thank you, sorry for the interruption.

Johnny4745

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
NEVERMIND...

Somehow it finally booted.  I got disgusted and just let it sit, I went to open it to look at options one last time and the darn thing is up.

If something else occurs I will let you know thank you, sorry for the interruption.

I have a link to a Dell forum.  It seems other people with Dell laptops have had the same problem.  It might be caused by the hard drive.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19244308.aspx

txtesez

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »
thank you johnny4745 i'm going to keep that link handy because this issue started a few weeks ago and at that time booting from the cd worked fine.