Author Topic: Dear Avast! RE: Your Annoying Pop Ups - Renew License!  (Read 11969 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Dear Avast! RE: Your Annoying Pop Ups - Renew License!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »
Imagine that two years renewal at 45% off and then the uninstall of an already renewed paid product.  ??? ::)

Let logic intervene...renew and be done with it. It ain't that difficult.
Much ado about nothing.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline pjh

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 02:50:39 AM »
Imagine that two years renewal at 45% off and then the uninstall of an already renewed paid product.  ??? ::)

Let logic intervene...renew and be done with it. It ain't that difficult.
Much ado about nothing.

I haven't gotten any 45 % off since I haven't renewed my license, and probably won't. I didn't post here to get some discount.

I wanted to tell Avast that the pop-up is super annoying and leaves a bad taste of their product in mouth.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 03:05:25 AM »
As said, avast will change things.
Since this thread  is (roughly) 4 months old and we have passed a couple of beta's as well as RC's...
I would not surprise that it already has been changed.

Pesonally I rather have a popup then no protection.

Diddy

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:41 AM »
Yes Eddy I agree with you I would soon have a reminder of some sort such as a popup letting me now that I need to register avast free or any avast product instead of having no protection.  I think is a very important thing to have whether it is a popup or just a reminder once every few days.

Have a good week everyone

toucanspeed

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
I realise the thread is old however I found it bu googling "Avast! annoying popups".

So it appears I'm not the only one, if you do google the above phrase there are loads of them. My biggest surprise was the way the admin guy treated the customer - have to say not very professional, don't know all the story, are you paid or a volunteer or just a forum helper. I'm amazed at the level of agression shown in such a short space of time. Th customer clearly annoyed by the apparent ruination of a product asks an almost rhetorical question and gets flamed.

Anyway I just thought I'd register to add my comments as I'm too getting a little fed up with the irritating 'motivational' popups. If you want to improve your product then just put them back how they were -simple or go the way of the other free-to-paid anvtiviruses.

demlasjr

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »
I have the same issue. I'm using a paid license and I plan to renew it. But I still have like 20 days and every single damn day I'm getting at least 3 times popups in the center of the screen with special offer and small popup in the bottom right reminding me. I think this need a box saying "Don't show this message anymore until the license expire". We are not dumb, if we want to renew we will renew, but is annoying when somebody try to force insert the spoon in your mouth. Just saying :)