Author Topic: Dear Avast! RE: Your Annoying Pop Ups - Renew License!  (Read 11962 times)

Stompem

Dear Avast! RE: Your Annoying Pop Ups - Renew License!
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »
DEAR AVAST!

RE: Your license renewal reminders.

At first the annoying pop ups started out on the task bar in ever increasing frequency until now it has mutated into a full blown applet, which now appears in the middle of the desktop at every start up!

Please tell me how to remove this rubbish.

I reserve the right to decide when, how or if, I will renew any subscription, license or agreement.

Thank You

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Dear Avast! RE: Your Annoying Pop Ups - Renew License!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
If your using a paid version then renewing will cease the notifications for the expiry of your product, if your not wanting to renew the paid license then uninstall it and replace with the free version.

If your already using the free version then simply re-register.

Stompem

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
I know what I'm doing and I don't need advice on the matter.

As I am using a paid version I do not expect the pop ups and so your advice is typical and useless, thanks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
If you don't want help/advice then you should not post on the forum, you did ask "how to remove this rubbish" if I'm to quote you.

So since you know what your doing then deal with the matter yourself and don't bother us with your pointless questions.

Stompem

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »
So you didn't answer the question after all that smarts. What sort of an answer to my question is renew it? DAH!

Did you answer anything?

I can say this and that's is "you haven't made any case for renewal" if this is the treatment to customers, forum or not.

PS
I have been a customer for years now and I've noticed the product value deteriorate rapidly on the side of marketing to extract the dollars.

Far from the Avast! of 2 years previous.

People notice these things so you'd better pull your socks up or watch your markrt share dwindle as it currnetly trending.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
So you didn't answer the question after all that smarts. What sort of an answer to my question is renew it? DAH!

Did you answer anything?
I'm sure my reply to your first question wasn't cryptic so it should have been fairly easy to understand, you asked for the renewal popups to not bother you and the answer was to either renew it or install the free version ( no more popups :) )

The renewal notice may be frequent and bothersome to some but this is only because once the license has expired you will have no protection so avast is trying to give you advance notice for you to organise your next subscription or! as I mentioned earlier replace it with the free version if preferred.

Your other question as to "how to remove this rubbish" as you stated should be self explanatory ;)

Stompem

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
After contacting official Support, they decided to rectified the situation in an expedient and satisfactory manner.

Thank You for your..... :P  time

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
After contacting official Support, they decided to rectified the situation in an expedient and satisfactory manner.

Thank You for your..... :P  time
Sounds to me like they persuaded Stompem to follow your advice craig. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
Sounds to me like they persuaded Stompem to follow your advice craig. :)
I guess we'll never know ??? as long as he's happy ;)

Stompem

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Well so you don't miss out on the good news, and so you don't enjoy yourself toooo much...

I got  2 years renewal with 45% the off plus half price off that egor!

Cost approx. $3.00 per month...who's laughing now Jackass

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
Where laughing, you renewed your license which is what I suggested in my first reply ;D

Maybe if you weren't so rude and arrogant you would have noticed that I was trying to help you but your ego obviously blinded you to the fact that the answer and fix to your issue that you ended up doing in the end anyway was what I first posted for you to do ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:15:20 AM by craigb »

Stompem

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
They listened to me and are working on modifying the pop up routines. so....

Looks like you are the one with the Ego pal....

Yours is the attitude that needs changing.

To let my comments rattle your cage is very weak in character and so you are not a suitable person to answer any questions on a forum in an unbiased and professional manner.

FAIL

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 11:20:07 AM »
Sorry but someone of your type would never rattle my cage and being that you seem to be trying to do so really shows the immature nature of yourself, time for you to move on I'm afraid as your issue is solved and you have renewed your license as suggested.

Thankyou for your business :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
Requesting topic to be locked

Offline pjh

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Even if this thread deteriorated to a big of a fight I must say that I agree with the original poster. Those pop-ups are annoying as hell. Silent mode doesn't remove them, and apparently the only way to remove them, like craigb so passive-aggressively and "politely" informed us, is to either buy the upgrade on uninstall the paid version (that I still have almost a month left to use) and install the free version instead.

The popups are so annoying that I fail to see myself paying anymore to get rid of them. So I guess the uninstallation is the way to go.