Author Topic: Disabling Start-Up Scan  (Read 4252 times)

seamus

Disabling Start-Up Scan
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:25:28 AM »
hello, I am a new user and I just installed Avast Home Version, and it is working great.   The problem is during installation, I set it up to scan when the computer is turned on.  Now I want to disable that, but I can't find where the setting is.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

I appologize if this has been answered before, I did a search of the forum with no luck.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Disabling Start-Up Scan
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 04:02:31 AM »
hello, I am a new user and I just installed Avast Home Version, and it is working great.   The problem is during installation, I set it up to scan when the computer is turned on.  Now I want to disable that, but I can't find where the setting is.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Welcome  8)
You can disable the scheduling trying to do it again.
Follow the same steps: Start avast antivirus, right click the skin and choose 'Schedule a boot time scanning'.
When you try to do it twice, the system will ask you if you want to disable it, so, answer yes.

Just a question, did you boot after installing and now, each boot, avast scans all the computer?
The schedule must be only in the next boot time and not in all[/b] boot times...
The best things in life are free.

seamus

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 05:06:43 AM »
Ahh...I think what I did was when I went to look for how to cancel the boot scan because I thought I set it to do it every boot, that I actually set another one up, so when I restarted the computer it did another one.

while your reading this, maybe you could answer another one.  When I start up, the computer dial-up screen pops up and asks me to log in to the internet.  I have DSL and am always connected, but it asks me to connect to the DSL.  The update connections setting is set for permenant connection.  Anyway to get it to recognize that its connected.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »
while your reading this, maybe you could answer another one.  When I start up, the computer dial-up screen pops up and asks me to log in to the internet.  I have DSL and am always connected, but it asks me to connect to the DSL.  The update connections setting is set for permenant connection.  Anyway to get it to recognize that its connected.

Right click the 'a' blue icon and choose Program Settings.
On the Updated (Advanced) set the way you connect (permanent).
Also, you can set a 'delay' to update and wait until your DSL is fully connected. See 'Settings' in my signature.

seamus

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 02:11:14 AM »

Right click the 'a' blue icon and choose Program Settings.
On the Updated (Advanced) set the way you connect (permanent).
Also, you can set a 'delay' to update and wait until your DSL is fully connected. See 'Settings' in my signature.

I didn't see an Updated(Advance), there was only Update(Basic) and Update(Connections).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 07:51:14 PM »
I didn't see an Updated(Advance), there was only Update(Basic) and Update(Connections).
Sorry, my fault, it's Update (Connections)  ;)