Author Topic: What Does This Mean  (Read 8374 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
What Does This Mean
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
Was unable to get on the forum yesterday afternoon and evening.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:08:22 AM by -midnight »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: What Does This Mean
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
when do you see that?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
it is the message you get when banned from the forum.....and you are not....as you are in here now   ;)

so maybe a forum glitch or somone gave a wrong ban   ???

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
when do you see that?

All afternoon yesterday all throughout the evening.

Called tech support and let someone named Liz take control on my computer but she wanted to change a lot of things which I didn't want changed.  Also sent a support ticket and the email I received said it was a bug.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
Also sent a support ticket and the email I received said it was a bug.
So there's your answer.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »

Well, as you could post this, it should be fixed.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »
This is the email I received.

avast! support <helpdesk@avast.com>

5:50 PM (9 hours ago)

to me
Hello!

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is a bug that we have just discovered, several users have sent us this complaint. We will fix the issue as soon as possible.

-----------

Best regards,

Arina Zhdanova

AVAST Software a. s.
Budejovická 1518/13A
140 00 Prague, Czech Republic

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QDA-856-32243
Department: Technical Support (Consumer AV)
Type: Communication
Priority: Normal

I even uninstalled and re installed Avast.  Was ready to install a different AV program.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
I even uninstalled and re installed Avast.  Was ready to install a different AV program.

??? :o
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

true indian

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

Well...if you get banned from the forum of the AV you use means you did something wrong that was against the rules of the forum and you didnt listen after repeated warnings so its your mistake in any case,I dont see the relation of changing your AV as it is not your AV's fault :o

Its weird that I still see such stupid reasons and excuses been given to switch your AV,which I hate  >:(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:10:54 AM by true indian »

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »

Well...if you get banned from the forum of the AV you use means you did something wrong that was against the rules of the forum and you didnt listen after repeated warnings so its your mistake in any case,I dont see the relation of changing your AV as it is not your AV's fault :o

Its weird that I still see such stupid reasons and excuses been given to switch your AV,which I hate  >:(

I didn't get banned and I didn't receive any warnings.

I just thought about switching to another AV progam.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
I just thought about switching to another AV progam.
has nothing to do with beeing blocked from access to the forum.... unless it was avast itselfe that blocked
but i guess you know what a avast warning popup look like.   ???

and it was all explained in the mail you got....

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is a bug that we have just discovered, several users have sent us this complaint. We will fix the issue as soon as possible.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
when do you see that?

Called tech support and let someone named Liz take control on my computer but she wanted to change a lot of things which I didn't want changed.  Also sent a support ticket and the email I received said it was a bug.
Getting a ban notice is definitely upsetting.

However, regarding allowing someone to 'take control' of your computer is, under any and all circumstances, a definite no-no.  never, never let someone else potentially run amok inside your computer.  Especially when you are never never going to get to meet this person, in person, as you would when you would take your computer to a reputable computer repair shop to get it repaired or fixed.

I would not give someone else my bank savings account number and let them do whatever they wanted; the same thing would hold true with computer systems.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between computer issues that happen on or inside your system and computer issues that happen outside of your system.  Getting the ban notice is from outside of your computer system, it cannot originate inside of it.  Ban notice was an error and originated outside of your system as it was avast! that sent it (by mistake).

Given that the notice was from outside, never would've allowed someone inside under those circumstances.  False pretenses.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
when do you see that?

Getting a ban notice is definitely upsetting.

However, regarding allowing someone to 'take control' of your computer is, under any and all circumstances, a definite no-no.  never, never let someone else potentially run amok inside your computer.  Especially when you are never never going to get to meet this person, in person, as you would when you would take your computer to a reputable computer repair shop to get it repaired or fixed.

I would not give someone else my bank savings account number and let them do whatever they wanted; the same thing would hold true with computer systems.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between computer issues that happen on or inside your system and computer issues that happen outside of your system.  Getting the ban notice is from outside of your computer system, it cannot originate inside of it.  Ban notice was an error and originated outside of your system as it was avast! that sent it (by mistake).

Given that the notice was from outside, never would've allowed someone inside under those circumstances.  False pretenses.

She was an Avast tech support person so I didn't see any reason not to trust her. 

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
Since the problem was an avast forum issue I don't understand why Tech support would even ask/try to look at your system as that wouldn't have helped anyway ???

If you couldn't access the avast forum but could still access the rest of the web then that should have been obvious it was a forum issue and not the avast program installed on your computer which if you had of removed wouldn't of helped any :P

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
Since the problem was an avast forum issue I don't understand why Tech support would even ask/try to look at your system as that wouldn't have helped anyway ???

If you couldn't access the avast forum but could still access the rest of the web then that should have been obvious it was a forum issue and not the avast program installed on your computer which if you had of removed wouldn't of helped any :P

At the time I didn't know it was an Avast forum issue.  I actually thought I had been banned.  The tech support person said she would try to find out why I had been banned.  She asked me to go to Internet Explorer and type in TS.Avast.com which I was stupid enough to do.  I won't let anyone have access to my computer again.