Author Topic: Shareit.com overcharged my credit card.  (Read 4242 times)

wile_e

Shareit.com overcharged my credit card.
« on: April 14, 2005, 05:49:56 AM »
I purchased a 3yr subscription for Avast Antivirus through Shareit.com. It was supposed to be in the amount of $74.13 USD. My credit card statement says $76.35 USD.

I also purchased a software firewall(Outpost) through Element5, which is basically the same as company as Shareit.com. That purchase was overcharged too, a couple of dollars.

Is Shareit a very crooked and shady company? Do they try to overcharge everyone, just to make more money? I like Avast, but this purchase left a bad taste in my mouth. I expect to be only charged the amount that is shown. Not overcharged.

Can anyone help please?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Shareit.com overcharged my credit card.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 02:53:13 PM »
Hello,

our online shop provider - ShareIt - is the largest online shop provider in Europe and it's very improbable that they overcharge their customers. I would suggest you to contact them directly to get the explanation.

The contact address is: processing@shareit.com

PigDog

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:21:38 PM »
Are you sure the extra charges are from the vendor?  They could be foriegn currency transaction charges from your credit card company.

eda

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 06:03:10 PM »
Hi wile_e,

I understand your feeling. I'll be concerned to be deduced more than I promised to pay by "signing" in the on-line shop.

I'm sure that if your credit card will be issued for USD account you will be deduced exactly for the signed amount, but if your account is based on the other currency, bank and credit card company will ask for fee to provide currency exchange.

No one excessive penny will be received by ALWIL Software, Outpost, ShareIt or element5!

Be so kind and drop me PM containing your e-mail or ShareIt order ID and I'll send you the confirmation message containing all details about your payment!

best regards   Eduard

wile_e

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 01:43:13 AM »
So for USD, there should be no fee? I contacted ShareIT, and they say they did not overcharge. I emailed my bank and will fax my receipts to them. Maybe my bank has a fee or something? Hopefully my bank will find out. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 01:46:05 AM by wile_e »