Author Topic: Where is Process Control?  (Read 2763 times)

Johnny4745

Where is Process Control?
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
This shows up in Help but is not in Firewall settings.

Process control
Here you can define which programs can, and cannot, run other applications that have access to the Internet or can connect with other computers on your network. This is useful as it can prevent an incoming connection from simply launching another application, which may then be used to perform unauthorized actions. This is a trick commonly used by hackers to collect personal or sensitive information without the user's knowledge.

If a program is not listed in either category, avast! will decide automatically whether or not the process should be allowed by carrying out various checks, for example whether the program that is trying to launch another application is a recognized program and one that would normally be expected to behave in this way.

Attachment:

Tetsuo

Re: Where is Process Control?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »
Other users have asked before - if I remember correctly.
Also,  recently a friend of mine asked me the same question but I forgot to post it/start a thread.
Hope you'll get an official reply from Avast.

Anyway, I guess it's something like "Where's Waldo"...

Johnny4745

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:30:04 PM »
Other users have asked before - if I remember correctly.
Also,  recently a friend of mine asked me the same question but I forgot to post it/start a thread.
Hope you'll get an official reply from Avast.

Anyway, I guess it's something like "Where's Waldo"...

I hope I will get an answer too, but I doubt that I will.  I asked the same question a month ago, and didn't receive one reply.

It appears to be a worthwhile feature that offers some protection from hackers.

I wonder if Avast included it in the firewall at one time, and then decided to remove it, but forgot to remove it from the help section?

Tetsuo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
I wonder if Avast included it in the firewall at one time, and then decided to remove it, but forgot to remove it from the help section?

yeah, perhaps in some closed beta...

Johnny4745

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 01:39:51 AM »

yeah, perhaps in some closed beta...

This Topic has been viewed 100 times, so I would say that there will be no answer from Avast.