Author Topic: Access NTFS Protected Directory  (Read 11319 times)

lucky013

Access NTFS Protected Directory
« on: April 14, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
Hi.  I am currently trying Avast! BART CD and need to recover data from "my documents" but it is a protected directory, allowing only access to administrators and me.  how can i enter in my password so i can see the files in this directory?? 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Access NTFS Protected Directory
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 07:15:58 PM »
Hi.  I am currently trying Avast! BART CD and need to recover data from "my documents" but it is a protected directory, allowing only access to administrators and me.  how can i enter in my password so i can see the files in this directory?? 
I can't help you that much but I think that you have a NTFS system file (not FAT32), so you must logon with Windows Console to get access to these files or use a NTFS Reader application to have access... I don't know how BART CD manages it...
The best things in life are free.

lucky013

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 08:17:27 PM »
I can't help you that much but I think that you have a NTFS system file (not FAT32), so you must logon with Windows Console to get access to these files or use a NTFS Reader application to have access... I don't know how BART CD manages it...

yes, i'm using NTFS (as per the topic).... I don't think BART CD does manage protected directories...  can i use windows console within bart??  I'm just looking for a way to get these files off my system onto a remote drive

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 02:22:56 PM »
What exactly does "protected" mean - encypted?

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
If the files are not encrypted, you should be able to access them from avast! BART.