Author Topic: Messed up situation  (Read 2170 times)

Bob23456

Messed up situation
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:29:22 AM »
I have avast free I only use file shield and mail shield.
Its been annoying me for the past week that my free registration is going to expire constantly giving me popups very annoying, which can not be turned off.
So I go into avast try to re register press the button nothing happens.
So I go to the form and fill it out, but an hour later no key has come to email address.
So I went to torrent site downloaded an illegal license file and installed the pro version but haven't even paid for it and don't even want the paid version or any of its features.
And then 3 hours later my free key comes.
It was actually quicker to use the illegal one than getting a free key, how messed up is that?
You guys need to seriously make it easier to get a free key it takes way to long.
Now I have to go uninstall it all to use free key, I only used the illegal thing because I couldn't get a free key, I don't even want full/pro features just wanted it to stop annoying me.

Diddy

Re: Messed up situation
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:35:55 AM »
HI I have been using avast free for many years.  I should tell you that you do not get a key with the  free avast version you just register it through the Maintenance tab.  Then click on registration and fill out your name and email address and click register.  That is it.  Make sure sure to uninstall avast pro version first and then go to the avast webiste and re download the free avast version to your computer and install it and register it and reboot your computer and you are done.

have a good evening

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »
+1

Plus it might be a better idea to come here first with your issues before installing any pirated software.  maybe not such a good idea?

Issues with other real-time protection agents other than file shield and mail shield present on your system, say?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

thug4real

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:21:50 AM »
Yes is illegal about pirate version. If you want help easy just ask. As Diddy said simply uninstall and reinstall the official avast 8 free from www.avast.com. You shouldn't have any problem with the registration. As for an advice: stay away from pirated versions of security products, you could get in more trouble than you think.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
If you use torrent downloads you should have "all" shields possible up and running. Unless you want an infection.
Just the file and mail shields are definitely not enough. I would strongly suggest you use the maximum protection you can get.  :)

Run this http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
Then install this http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.