Author Topic: SMS locate command not returning any result  (Read 7300 times)

taupehat

SMS locate command not returning any result
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
Hi,

On my rooted 2.3 HTC evo 4G slide, I have anti-theft running and the remote list, found, etc commands are working just fine. When I do a "locate" the acknowledgment is returned, but never even the tower triangulated attempt at location is received. I also noticed that in the "Automatically enable GPS" option is grey and not checkable. What gives?

Teknicl

Re: SMS locate command not returning any result
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:15 AM »
Using my rooted G2x on Android 2.3.7 I was able to initiate the Locate command and get the following:

Me: xxxxx locate 12:13 AM
+1xxxxxxxxxx: avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) OK: A locate command has been successfully issued. 12:13 AM
+1xxxxxxxxxx: avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) location. Map (https://ta-m.avast.com/maps.srv?l=en&i=xxxxxxxxx&ll=xx.xxxxxxx,-122.138623&ac=20&ap=0) (WIFI) Accur 12:16 AM
+1xxxxxxxxxx: acy (20m) Owner (xxxxxx) Network (T-Mobile) Signal (1/7) Cell ID (xxxxxxx) Country (USA) Area Code (xxxxx) New IMSI (xxxxxxxxxxx) IMEI (xxxxxxxxxxxx) 12:16 AM

The response came about 3 minutes after I initiated the locate command as shown above.

taupehat

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Interesting. I'm on 2.3.7 and am still getting precisely one reply after a minute or two saying " avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) OK: A locate command has been successfully issued."

That's it, nothing more.

Teknicl

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »
The only other thing I can suggest is that you first put your phone in a location you can get a GPS lock.  Time it if possible because this would what I assume the Mobile Security is attempting to obtain before delivering.  Then initiate the locate command again.  My version of AVAST Mobile Security is 120229-01.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
we would have to do a log with a debug version. please mail me to holzner (at) avast.com

Koala11

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 07:42:14 AM »
I have exactly the same problem as taupehat; getting the first confirmation message: "avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) OK: A locate command has been successfully issued." and nothing else. Avast version: 1.0.1892 (Update Feb 27, 2012) on a Rooted LG Optimus M.

Please any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
Is it every time or only sometimes?

Koala11

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:54 AM »
Everytime. Any ideas?

Thanks

reinhardholzner

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
We just had the same problem with another customer. Actually the problem was that the phone wasnt able to send the SMS.
Do you have CDMA phone?

coolio

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:35:47 AM »
Was there a resolution to this problem?? I am getting the same issue. When I send SMS command to locate I only get 1 reply saying:

"avast! Anti-Theft (www.avast.com) OK: A locate command has been successfully issued."

I get no other replies, phone can get a GPS lock no problem. GPS turns on and so does the wifi icon when command is sent. I have reinstalled software number of times, tied with international numbers (i.e. +1xxxxxxxx) still no change, wont send back reply of coordinates.

I am running Android 4.2.2 in Canada

reinhardholzner

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
can you get us a log (ADB logcat)?

coolio

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »
can you get us a log (ADB logcat)?

Sure where do you want me to email it? Explain the exact steps you want me to take? (i.e. send SMS command and wait how long?) I do have Android SDK pack installed, what command do you want me to use to pull the logs using ADB?

Thanks

reinhardholzner

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
hi send it to holzner@avast.com

the command is "adb logcat > log.txt"

first create an empty file "avast-debug" on /sdcard directory, then reboot phone, then send command and wait for 10 minutes. then you can end log (CTRL+C) and send me the file.