Author Topic: Registeration Bug  (Read 2062 times)

true indian

Registeration Bug
« on: June 29, 2013, 06:28:27 PM »
I installed avast on a new clients machine and the lisence was reduced to 64 days  :o

It was a offline registeration,but when I renewed my lisence online for my laptop it was 84 days...whats going on!? anyone from avast team to respond to this!?  :(

The amount of days shouldnt be coming down until the lisence is registered into the program,right?

I cant really waste time on,off and on renewing lisences  ::)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:38:36 PM by true indian »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Registeration Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
You are going to have to be more detailed in exactly what steps you took.

A license/off-line registration starts counting down from the time of purchase/registration. If you have an old off-line registration and you haven't used it in say nine months, then when you insert it you would only have three months left.

Are you sure you didn't use something like the resend license rather than off-line registration.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:31 PM »
You are going to have to be more detailed in exactly what steps you took.

A license/off-line registration starts counting down from the time of purchase/registration. If you have an old off-line registration and you haven't used it in say nine months, then when you insert it you would only have three months left.

Are you sure you didn't use something like the resend license rather than off-line registration.

Thanks for answering by question David.To start off,I first registered offline yesterday afternoon for a lisence and then I didnt get it via mail till the client call and then I had to make a resend to the same E-Mail ID and I am sure it wasnt a old lisence but a new one.  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:28:00 PM by true indian »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
I don't know why you used the off-line registration, unless the system doesn't have internet connection.

It does sound more like you got a copy of the old registration otherwise it would have had 365 days remaining. But surely the off-line registration would be to the clients email address, if that hadn't previously been used then the resend wouldn't be an old registration.

I don't know how you go about installing avast free on a clients machine, as part of the registration is essentially the user confirming they are eligible to use the free Home and non-commercial use and you can't really make that declaration for them. You could install it for them and they have 30 days unrestricted use (aside from the register or upgrade pop-ups) to register it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security