Author Topic: Avast Notifications (Now with ads?)  (Read 2836 times)

OliPicard

Avast Notifications (Now with ads?)
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the new notifications a little annoying? (I noticed when Avast updates its now discussing there VPN solution.) Could someone clarify if this is going to happen in the future too? (It would be nice to switch these ads off.)

Thanks

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast Notifications (Now with ads?)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
I'm using the free version and have no issues with the adverts. avast has every right to show a profit.
After all they do have to pay their employees. If I get an advert a couple of times a day, that is a very small
price to pay.

You can limit the duration of pop-ups via the GUI.
GUI>Settings>Pop-ups>then limit the time to as low as "one" measly second.
I have the vps update set to two seconds.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

OliPicard

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
I'm using the paid version, Ive got nothing wrong with avast advertising there products :D it's just an idea really.

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the new notifications a little annoying? (I noticed when Avast updates its now discussing there VPN solution.) Could someone clarify if this is going to happen in the future too? (It would be nice to switch these ads off.)

Thanks
Yes,i have just received a notification with advertising for vpn also  :)

nigel mansel

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:01 AM »
Free software that has worked great for many years and kept my system free of nastys has every right to show me advertising.

Avast keep up the good work ;)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:57 AM »
Every avast user gets them at one time or another. avast does not come pre-loaded on any computer
so all their advertizing is word-of-mouth. You will not even see avast advertize on the web either.
Like I said before "it's a small/tiny price to pay".  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.