Author Topic: Forgot my password  (Read 1916 times)

Piesjoe

Forgot my password
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
Hi, I downloaded the Avast! on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S2) a long time ago. I thought I deleted the application, but I still received pop-ups from Avast to download the updated version.

Now today, I changed the simcard because I went to another profider. The first thing my phone did is ringing alarm bells and reporting that the phone is stolen! I don't know the password anymore. When I place the old simcard back it does the same thing.

My old simcard has expired (so can't use it anymore) and when I go to the website to report that I forgot my password and type in my emailaddress it says it doesn't know my emailaddress! I got 2 emailaccounts and they both don't work. Is there anything I can do about it?!

Note: The phone is not stolen! I bought it myself two years ago.

Piesjoe

Re: Forgot my password
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:51 PM »
I did a hard-reset to solve this. I'm still a bit pissed off because I lost all the data, but relieved that I don't have to buy a new phone. Why should I buy a new phone while this one is still working fine?

I will never ever use Avast! again. Probably I never registered my emailaddress on the Avast apllication...