Author Topic: Virus for mobile phones  (Read 4185 times)

AmyDazz

Virus for mobile phones
« on: April 16, 2005, 02:36:15 PM »
Hii...i'm new here.Just registered to this forum but has been using Avast 4.6 for quite some time.Well i like to transfer/install many apps to my cellphone which is running SymbianOS series60,so i'd like to know if Avast! be able to catch any virus for the mobile phones before i transfer to my cellphone ?? Thankss  :)

p/s: Bytheway,i'm using Nokia 7610.

Offline xistenz

• Poster
Re: Virus for mobile phones
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 07:00:42 PM »
If you look through the list of detected viruses here: http://www.avast.com/eng/vps_history.html, you will find it detects many SymbOS viruses like SymbOS:Cabir [Wrm]. Take a look at  VPS 0510-1, 11.03.2005 especially.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 07:06:08 PM »
I doubt that you would be able to transfer avast 4 home/pro onto your mobile phone as it runs under windows and is probably a bit on the large side.

You might want to look at the avast! 4 PDA forum - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=7.0 and see what is there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »
The Windows version of avast detects all known Symbian malware to date.
avast for PDA is not yet ready for the Symbian OS platform - but will be eventually ported (it's currently being worked on).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

AmyDazz

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 04:18:33 PM »
I doubt that you would be able to transfer avast 4 home/pro onto your mobile phone as it runs under windows and is probably a bit on the large side.

You might want to look at the avast! 4 PDA forum - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=7.0 and see what is there.

I know that..that's why i ask.Nevermind though since i know that Avast can detect most mobile phones viruses, now i can scan first the files before i transfer them into my phone.

Thanksss ya'll  :)

troubleshooting

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:29:31 PM »
Hii...i'm new here.Just registered to this forum but has been using Avast 4.6 for quite some time.Well i like to transfer/install many apps to my cellphone which is running SymbianOS series60,so i'd like to know if Avast! be able to catch any virus for the mobile phones before i transfer to my cellphone ?? Thankss  :)

p/s: Bytheway,i'm using Nokia 7610.

I have heard that Trend Micro anti-virus..for mobile...just check their site..