Author Topic: Scheduled system scan running - Progress box  (Read 2780 times)

Tricia_TD

Scheduled system scan running - Progress box
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
When the scheduled scans run, is it possible to minimise the box that shows the scan running?  Whilst it's handy to know that the scan is taking place, it's annoying that the box covers part of the screen.  I know it's only a smallish box, but the number of times it gets in the way is amazing!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:51:04 PM by Tricia_TD »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Scheduled system scan running - Progress box
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
Opening the avast UI will close the small scan box, then you click on your browser page and the UI will go to the background.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
I think it's not recomended to do anything on your computer during any antivirus scan. It can only increase the time of scan and slow down other programs. By the way, why do you appoint a scheduled scan at the time of your active work?
May the FOSS be with you!

Tricia_TD

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »
@Craig - Thanks!  Much appreciate.

@George - I have the scans scheduled for the time when we have our evening meal.  However, quite frequently the scan doesn't run at the set time but at some other random time! (This is also very annoying.)  Therefore, I can be in the middle of something when the scan starts.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
Your welcome :)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
Opening the avast UI will close the small scan box, then you click on your browser page and the UI will go to the background.
Or once the GUI is open just minimize.  :)

@ George Yves   The only time I run a scheduled scan is while I'm using my laptop.
                           If it's not "on" I don't scan. If it isn't on I catch it the next week-end.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.