Author Topic: EDU Support Is Now Available  (Read 23954 times)

Che Johnson

EDU Support Is Now Available
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Hello All,

I just wanted to announce that EDU is now providing some paid support options.  Originally this project was to be non-supported however many schools have had some difficulties installing, configuring and deploying the clients. In addition to the helpful forum links and knowledgebase we are now introducing support options to our EDU schools and universities for those who would like to purchase these additional services. 

As we were looking the best possible way to make support affordable we decided to provide pricing at $2 per license of support.

In addition to the following current EDU support services, Premium Support includes:

Toll-free telephone support
Remote access assistance from our dedicated team
Unlimited priority email support
Remote tutorial training
Assistance with the installation and configuration of the management console
Assistance with client deployment
Assistance with Console configuration (SQL setup)

If you will have any questions please feel free to contact edu@avast.com
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:25:27 AM by Che Johnson »

aallien

Re: EDU Support Is Now Available
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I've just installed Avast Endpoint Protection for education.  My license is installed and we've deployed some clients.  Next year when it comes up for renewal, since it was free, what is the process I need to go through to renew the license?

Che Johnson

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
License renewals will be available 30 days prior to the end of your license validation but it will also be free.

jhowzr

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
What is the process to renew our license? I am now within the 30 day renewal window. I've also added more systems to my network so I'll need to increase the client count, please.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
What is the process to renew our license? I am now within the 30 day renewal window. I've also added more systems to my network so I'll need to increase the client count, please.

-> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?msg=949686
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

jhowzr

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
Thanks. I'll send them an e-mail. The last time I talked to them, they said that a dashboard was in the works for us to renew the license. I thought maybe the process had changed...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
I sent an email to "edu@avast.com" last week and haven't heard anything back.

What's the normal turnaround time for something as simple as a quote inquiry?

The process seems vague and unclear - I'm assuming that's because it's new but it certainly doesn't instill much confidence in the company or product.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:46 AM »
Seems like this should be updated as this is $2 / user now for support.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »
Turn around is quite fast, typically in less than 30 minutes but please keep in mind we're only available until 6pm EST and not available during the weekends.  Our hours are from 6am to 6pm EST.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 06:14:10 PM »
I am leaving my position and need to change the contact/account email for our account, how do I do that?

Rhonda