Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S4 Stolen - Avast was installed - Please Help.....  (Read 2616 times)

iStormcctv

After having my Galaxy S4 for two days somebody ran into our reception and grabbed it of the desk, I had installed Avast Mobile Security, and gone as far as setting up my pin, unfortunately I did not link the phone to my Avast account, is there anything I can do to erase the pictures, videos, data, from the phone.

Thank you in advance.

enndub

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Stolen - Avast was installed - Please Help.....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
Is anti-theft installed? I think you can wipe by text if so. If not you're probably sol. Same thing happened to my Galaxy S3 a couple weeks ago, and I hadn't yet reinstalled avast after updating my ROM. Needless to say I haven't seen it again.

TLK3

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Stolen - Avast was installed - Please Help.....
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:43:20 AM »
After having my Galaxy S4 for two days somebody ran into our reception and grabbed it of the desk, I had installed Avast Mobile Security, and gone as far as setting up my pin, unfortunately I did not link the phone to my Avast account, is there anything I can do to erase the pictures, videos, data, from the phone.

Thank you in advance.

Have you read any of the anti-theft documentation? You can send your phone SMS commands to do whatever you want, using your pin.