Author Topic: Can't access Linksys router  (Read 2995 times)

Dilligaf

Can't access Linksys router
« on: April 17, 2005, 01:52:19 AM »
Using avast! HE version 4.6.623, whenever I try to access the internal web page of my Linksys BEFW11S4 the Password window pops up immediately, but when I enter the password it takes a  L O N G  time (minutes) for the Setup page to open.

If I disable avast! I can access it normally.

Are there any workarounds to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Can't access Linksys router
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:18:03 AM »
Go here and try with latest avast! beta 4.6.647

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12798.0

No reported bugs so far, everything works perfect. See if that solves your problem...

Btw, I have a friend with Linksys router, avast! HE installed, all up to date, and no problems with accessing routers internal page.

There are some problems presently with ZoneAlarm Pro and avast!, but Alwil guys are dealing with ZoneLabs guys regarding that issue...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 02:29:30 AM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Dilligaf

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 05:36:53 AM »
No ZoneAlarm here - I'm using the router as a firewall.

Installing the .647 beta did the trick...  On all of my computers.

Thanks for the link!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:05 PM »
I knew you don't have ZA installed but I just mentioned what's the current problem with few latest program updates, actually with web shiled and transparent proxy. See here:
Btw, I have a friend with Linksys router, avast! HE installed, all up to date, and no problems with accessing routers internal page.
I mentioned LinkSys, so it means, I was aware that you have problems accessing your router's internal configuration page...

See my signature... I have hardware router/firewall myself. But... having hardware router/firewall only will not make you safe as you think you are. Hardware routers/firewalls will give you just inbound protection, and most of them will not give you outbound protection (they will not protect you from certain programs trying to send some information from your computer to outside). A software firewall will give you the advantage of seeing what programs on your PC are going to want to create outgoing connections, and to where. That's why we use software firewalls as well.

Read about it in this discussion:
http://www.webservertalk.com/archive89-2004-5-241726.html

I have D-Link DI-604 wonderful router/firewall, much faster and much more options than Linksys routers (I know 'cause we used to use Linksys routers to install them for our customers, but we are in process of switching to D-Link). Even I have hardware router/firewall, I still have ZoneAlarm. Having one of those software firewalls installed on your system will make you much safer than you are right now...

I'm glad new avast! program update solved your problem.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 01:42:54 PM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s