Author Topic: Avast with LANsuite 2003 email server  (Read 3483 times)

paperdragon

Avast with LANsuite 2003 email server
« on: September 24, 2003, 02:59:43 AM »
With the latest release their free edition not being update to version 7,  I am wondering what their very long term goals are for AVG free edition.  So I am checking out other providers of antivirus programs.  

I am running Softtware602 LanSuite 2003.  This is an email server,  which is running on my workstation, and listening on port 25 for my email.  If I understand Avast correctly, it too wants to use port 25, since it checks emails on the SMPT delivery protocol.

I am wondering if Avast can co-exist on the same machine as an email server with the antivirus turned on for email checking.  Any problems configuring the Avast with this type of setup?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Avast with LANsuite 2003 email server
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 02:51:51 PM »
Sure it's possible. All you have to do is e.g. use alternate port numbers for SMTP (e.g. 26, to chain the guys).

Please consult the avast! help - the section on how to manually set up the mail protection. There is also a lot of info about this on the forum - see e.g. http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=593;start=msg2857

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.