Author Topic: securitycenter in XP alerts avast is deaktivated!  (Read 3970 times)

tuffi

securitycenter in XP alerts avast is deaktivated!
« on: May 18, 2005, 02:50:24 PM »
Hello,

i reinstalled my pc and now the XP securitycenter tells me that the avast 4 Home [VPS 0520-2] is not aktive. What happend?

but the scanner runs fine, everything works properly.

can somebody help me?

excuse me, my english is not very good!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: securitycenter in XP alerts avast is deaktivated!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 04:14:14 PM »
What version of XP are you using, SP1, SP2, etc?

Is the avast icon visible in the system tray?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »
Maybe i'm wrong, but security center is only from xp2.... And i think it should look like this one... I had this problem 6 month ago, when I've changed lot of AV programs on PC. I solved this problem only with formatting and reinstalling my pc... :'( Maybe there is another way to solve this problem...  ???

tuffi

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:19:24 PM »
Maybe i'm wrong, but security center is only from xp2.... And i think it should look like this one... I had this problem 6 month ago, when I've changed lot of AV programs on PC. I solved this problem only with formatting and reinstalling my pc... :'( Maybe there is another way to solve this problem...  ???

Yes it is XP with SP2, and i hope there will be another way to solve the problem!

AVAST runs fine, the ball rolls when i'm in the internet, only win XP say's that it is turned off.

The system manufactor is fujitsu-siemens. On my own PC (handmade), avast works fine.
No alerts or something.

any ideas?

DukeNukem

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:46:14 PM »
Heres an idea, dont know if it will work.

Try disabling Security Center then restart your PC, then enable security center again.

Right click my computer > manage

A window will pop up. Expand Services and applications

Now click on services

Find security center, right click it and select properties

Choose start up type to disable.

Restart PC.

Then follow the same steps again but choose start up type to automatic. And click on start to resume the service.

RJARRRPCGP

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:36:37 AM »
Hello,

i reinstalled my pc and now the XP securitycenter tells me that the avast 4 Home [VPS 0520-2] is not aktive. What happend?

but the scanner runs fine, everything works properly.

can somebody help me?

excuse me, my english is not very good!

If you turn off the system shield, even with other shields active, you will get that message.