Author Topic: Weird Clicking/typing issue?  (Read 1770 times)

Thundagia

Weird Clicking/typing issue?
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »
Ive had an odd issue recently with my keyboard, and or mouse.
Whenever i try to type into something, sometimes, everything i type is un-done. I type a key, hear a noise, then whatever i typed is undone. Its like a rapid backspace pressing, but im not actually pressing the backspace button. Its not sticky keys, - caps lock, a letter, a number, even a backspace makes the bar/text box go crazy and undo whatever i typed.  So after this, i reset my computer, and all was good! I thought it was just a keyboard feature, since a virus scan hadnt found anything. Although the problem came up again. I checked with regedit but i didnt find anything suspicious. Also, the issue isnt everywhere. I can type something in the search menu, or a game - but in the windows explorer, or a browser, or even skype, this issue occurs. Its not in anything but text area either, nothing goes crazy except for where i try to type. Also, google chromes automatic search engine finished what i was typing and it was okay, but i couldnt type anymore. Copying and pasting is also undone. It first started after i updated java (oddly enough, oracle being known for issues.) The first sign of this, was when i was watching a youtube video, trying to reply to a comment, - i heard about 100 dings, then - my shockwave player crashed. The only reason i could even get here was because i reset my computer to temporarily fix the problem. So whats going on? Is there even a virus/issue known to have this type of behavior? Or is it a keyboard feature - is there something im missing? If you need to know, im using a razer deathstalker ultimate keyboard. Thanks for reading, i hope the issue can be resolved. If you need any more information, ill be willing to give all i can to solve the problem! Thanks again.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Weird Clicking/typing issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:00:50 AM »
Hi Thundagia,

Did you try and turn your keyboard upside down and gave it a good tapping to clean the dust, breadcrumbs etc. out.
Keyboard are known to get morbidly dirty and that could be at the culprit of the problems you have.
First you have to think of a mechanic cause, if the problem persists it could be something else,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Thundagia

Re: Weird Clicking/typing issue?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:10:23 AM »
Yep, i have tried that but it hasnt worked. : / Thank you though!
Im pretty sure whatever the cause is - is software/virus related because i only have the issue in popular applications (google chrome, skype, windows explorer, etc.) also, i think the problem is software/virus related because rebooting fixes the issue for quite a while. The problem was gone for a day or so but then it came back today. I restarted my computer and the issue was once again fixed. I havent had the problem since, (about 8 hours ago from this post) but i dont think its gone like i did beforehand.  My main question would be, does any malware even exist with a behavior like this?
Thanks for the info!