Author Topic: EasyPass! Master password recovery?  (Read 25892 times)

CapY

EasyPass! Master password recovery?
« on: June 30, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »
Hello,

Before a month or two, I've made a "safenote" file and protected it with a password and today, when I tried to open it, it's been asking me for the main password which I've unfortunately forgot.
So, what I'd like to know is that how can I reset my master password to decrypt credentials?

REDACTED

Re: EasyPass! Master password recovery?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
Mine is not working.
Avast Guys - Can u help us with recovery?

T_Y

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
You can try this step-by-step, but I have not tried it, so use it at your own risk.

One thing for sure - you cannot recover your Master Password, but you will be able to set a new Master Password.

CAUTION: This will delete all of your current EasyPass Master Password protected data.

1. Open your browser.

2. Navigate to the EasyPass toolbar.

3. Select the EasyPass icon and click on "Options."

4. Select the "Security" tab and then click on the "Set Master Password" button.

5. You should enter your Master Password in the dialogue box. If you do not know your Master Password leave the field blank. Select "Next."

6. Check the box that says "I forgot my Master Password." If you check this box, EasyPass will delete all data that is protected with the forgotten Master Password. You will not be able to retrieve this information ever again, so make sure that you are positive that you do not know your Master Password. Click "Next."

7. You will have to specify your login information for your EasyPass account. Click "Next" after you have entered your EasyPass User ID and password.

8. Select "OK" after the EasyPass setup has completed.

9. Now you will have to setup a new Master Password. Navigate to the EasyPass toolbar, click on the EasyPass icon and select "Options."

10. Select the "Security" tab and then click on the "Set Master Password" button.

11. Click "Next" to indicate a forgotten Master Password.

12. A "Verify Master Password" box will appear. Check the box that says "I do not remember the password for this data." Check the box that says "Do not ask me next time." Select "Next."

13. Type your new Master Password in the first box. In the second box, retype your new Master Password. Select "Protect All." Click "Next."

14. All EasyPass data will be resaved with your new Master Password. Select "OK."

15. Make sure that the "Delete non-decrypted data" box is selected. Click "Next."

16. It is not possible to recover any data protected by the forgotten Master Password. The only thing that you can do is delete the EasyPass file. Are you sure you want to do this? Click "OK."

17. Select "Yes" to perform the changes.

18. Updating of the Master Password has finished, select "OK."

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:15:46 AM »
Doesn't wordk on Win 7 Ultimate

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:23:59 AM »
Not much use of posting in a +/- 3 year old dead thread.
Next to that, EasyPass is gone for over a year.