Author Topic: AVAST Free 7.0 (39048) on Mac  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
AVAST Free 7.0 (39048) on Mac
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »
Dear all,

How are you doing?

Long time i was not active in AVAST Forum, i just deploy AVAST for Free in my Mac ProBook and got notification from AVAST that there is error notification such as : Error 2 No such file or directory" which caused AVAST is can't scan continue on my Mac.

May i know what is causing of this problem?
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: AVAST Free 7.0 (39048) on Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »
Ask in the Mac section: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0

Edit: Topic has been moved.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:32:48 PM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
Ask in the Mac section: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0

Hi Asyn,

Ok thanks for your kindly advice.
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
NP Yanto, good to see you back.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
Dear Asyn,

Thanks for warm welcome Asyn, by the way i just using Mac as my daily notebook and installed with AVAST Antivirus for Mac. But there is an one problem that always border me is during Avast do full system scanning on my Mac there is always stopped by an error with notification such : "Interrupted with error 451: Engine error: No such file or directory"

And then Avast stop accidentally without stop button pressed. I just wondered why this could be happened?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
Dear Asyn,

1. Thanks for warm welcome Asyn,
2. ...by the way i just using Mac as my daily notebook and installed with AVAST Antivirus for Mac. But there is an one problem that always border me is during Avast do full system scanning on my Mac there is always stopped by an error with notification such : "Interrupted with error 451: Engine error: No such file or directory"

And then Avast stop accidentally without stop button pressed. I just wondered why this could be happened?

1. You're very welcome Yanto.
2. Sorry, for everthing else you've to wait for one of the Mac guys.

Offline FallingRock

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
Mr. Yanto,

Am having the same message. In my case, I ran a Full System scan on my Mac OSX Lion v10.7.5,  and the report included that message. At the end of the FullScan report, I found that the last line in the scan report showed that it tried to scan my Time Machine (T.M.) drive, and I believe that this was what produced the Error 451 message.

I prefer to avoid the excessive time it would take for scanning all 300+GB on the T.M. drive in addition to the 4 hours that scanning the internal system drive has taken, and I had entered that T.M. drive in my Exclusions (in Avast! Preferences). Nevertheless, it appears that this Avast Free v7.0 (39048) did try to access the T.M. drive anyway. Then, it found that I had earlier ejected the Time Machine (iomega external hard drive on USB port), and the attempted accessing did fail then, as I believe.

Hoping this will be found helpful,

Falling Rock

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:24:19 PM »
Mr. Yanto,

Am having the same message. In my case, I ran a Full System scan on my Mac OSX Lion v10.7.5,  and the report included that message. At the end of the FullScan report, I found that the last line in the scan report showed that it tried to scan my Time Machine (T.M.) drive, and I believe that this was what produced the Error 451 message.

I prefer to avoid the excessive time it would take for scanning all 300+GB on the T.M. drive in addition to the 4 hours that scanning the internal system drive has taken, and I had entered that T.M. drive in my Exclusions (in Avast! Preferences). Nevertheless, it appears that this Avast Free v7.0 (39048) did try to access the T.M. drive anyway. Then, it found that I had earlier ejected the Time Machine (iomega external hard drive on USB port), and the attempted accessing did fail then, as I believe.

Hoping this will be found helpful,

Falling Rock

Hi Falling Rock,

Thank you for your shared information, may i know how to set avast to avoid T.M scanning?
And where is the T.M drive position in MAC drive?

Offline FallingRock

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:16 AM »
If you are running OS X Lion and Avast! for Mac Free in a Mac, as I am, you can instruct your avast! to avoid scanning a drive. Now, if you mean to stop avast! from scanning a drive, here is what I would do. (and, did.)   1st, to open your Avast! Preferences, click the left button of your mouse upon the "wrench" icon at upper right of the avast! window's titlebar. At lower left corner of the avast! Preferences dialog box, click on the padlock icon and then authenticate with the password for the user profile you are logged into. The padlock will open, "unlocked." Then, click on the tab labelled On-Demand Scans. On that tab, there is a checkbox labeled Scan also removable volumes. In my office, the Time Machine drive is an external, USB-connected, hard drive. In my opinion, all USB-connected drives can be described as "removable volumes." If you will make sure that the checkbox for "removable volumes" is not selected with a checkmark in its box, then I believe that avast! ought to skip scanning that removable drive.

Be careful what you click upon, when the Padlock icon is unlocked. A click on the wrong item when unlocked can cause you a lot of unexpected trouble.

On your 2nd question, I must ask for information. What did you mean,  by "MAC drive?"I can say that the T.M. volume should not be placed on the Mac's internal, system hard drive. Generally, the T.M. should be on an external hard drive with capacity for two months or more. I would not want my Mac's internal drive to have a setting that puts the Time Machine "on"my internal hard drive. It would slow down the system noticeably for quite a while whenever the T.M. would want to run a scheduled backup.

Did you want to stop the Time Machine from scanning a removable drive, in order to more quickly back up the System drive in your Mac?  If you will open System Preferences (found on the Apple pull-down menu), you will see the Time Machine listed in the group designated the System group. A single, left click on any item in that list, will open its Preferences dialog box, so, click the Time Machine icon.
   In the resulting Time Machine Preferences dialog, click the lock at lower left and it will cause OS X to request authentication, just as on avast! When the padlock opens, click the Options button. The pop-out that will appear then, contains the settings for designating any drives and also, any folders, to be skipped by the Time Machine when it runs for the purpose af making the backup.

I hope that this will be found helpful.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:29:16 AM by FallingRock »