Author Topic: Windows 7 Firewall incompatibility  (Read 24980 times)

Aventador

Re: Windows 7 Firewall incompatibility
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
Thank you David.

Arnold72

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »
Thank you for your citation.
I am aware that this is a thread concerning the windows firewall,However it must be stated that this issue has manifested itself in other firewalls also.
I am sorry but you simply must include other firewalls affected and it is not just windows firewall that was affected.

Are you implying that windows firewall is the only firewall affected by the avast webshield.???
If so then i stand corrected and retract my previous comments.

Could you clarify then please that windows firewall is indeed the only firewall affected..?

Thank you.

thug4real

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
I am aware that this is a thread concerning the windows firewall,However it must be stated that this issue has manifested itself in other firewalls also.
I am sorry but you simply must include other firewalls affected and it is not just windows firewall that was affected.

Are you implying that windows firewall is the only firewall affected by the avast webshield.???

Could you clarify then please that windows firewall is indeed the only firewall affected..?

Thank you.
Well this is why version 9 will be more then welcome for many users that use WF. I personally can't wait to have version 9 and enjoy the built in firewall in windows 7/8 since offer a good protection without any incompatibility or without any slowdown. As for other firewalls don't know, personally I start to rely on WF since offer a good control(manual yeah that's true but good if you know how to manage it)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »

Thank you.

This topic as stated is about  the Windows firewall and the avast firewall there are many other such topics and they include other firewalls. That is where you should address that not here.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
I'm not really following the development of Avast, so please tell me - are there plans of solving the incompatibility with Windows 7 Firewall (outbound protection) anytime soon?
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Avast! Free Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and Sandboxie (paid version).

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
Where should I appeal to Avast team so that they'd try fixing this problem? Thank you.
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Avast! Free Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and Sandboxie (paid version).

thug4real

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
Where should I appeal to Avast team so that they'd try fixing this problem? Thank you.
Well if you read my post from above then you know that this problem will end in the avast 2014(v9), they planing to change the old webshield driver, so have patience.

Arnold72

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »
This is an odd situation.
I use comodo firewall 5.12 with avast 8 and have experienced no issues in terms of outbound control.
Incidentally windows firewall by default allows all outbound connections.

Thanks.

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »
I haven't had the time to try the new Avast 2014 yet but am wondering if anyone already tried it and if the Windows 7 Firewall outbound protection incompatibility is fixed now?

(There's another topic about it:)
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102701.0

Thank you!

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
I don't think it is fixed.I tried yesterday to block Uninstaller app with Windows Firewall
and it didn't work.Maybe I did something wrong,but I don't think Windows Firewall outbound rules
are working with Avast Web Shield in Avast 9.0.2006 Free (Windows 7).

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 01:53:07 AM »
You are very right. I updated to Avast 2014 and the Windows 7 Firewall outboud protection still doesn't work. I'm quite disappointed, i tought that they will fix this with the new version...

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 04:45:08 AM »
Avast team, are you planning to fix this anytime soon? Please, I need this function (Wt outbound firewall).  :)

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
THANK YOU, AVAST, FOR FINALLY FIXING THIS! ;D

Now I am able to use the Windows 7 Firewall Outbound Protection! :)

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
@Bellzemos
I recommend Firewall App Blocker (portable) to easily block apps with Windows Firewall.
It is working great.

http://www.sordum.org/8125/firewall-app-blocker-fab-v1-3/

First time Deep Screen is going to scan it and exclude it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:07:19 PM by abruptum »

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Thanx, but I'm thinking of maybe installing Binisoft's Windows Firewall Control.