Author Topic: Safe Mode hangs at aswRvrt.sys  (Read 1850 times)

wiccadwitch13

Safe Mode hangs at aswRvrt.sys
« on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Hi,

I have a Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit on an Acer Aspire 5741G. I am (was) running the latest version of Avast. (Computer just keeps coming up with BSOD no matter what option I choose after pushing F8)

After googling the hell out of everything I have come across a few forums relating to this. I can not access Windows in anyway and am not very tech savvy and so don't quite understand the fixes on the forums I have come across.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as I am only temporarily borrowing a friends laptop.

Thanks.

enma

Re: Safe Mode hangs at aswRvrt.sys
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
well, i have the same problem with you (until now, my machine can't normally boot as well). check my post here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=128720.0
Note : The "fixlist.txt" in my post was only for my machine, don't use that. or it will cause many troubles. ask help from the moderators of the forum for your problem.

wiccadwitch13

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »
Thanks! I'm in the process of attempting to boot from the USB, the systems recovery options window is up and it's taking a colossal amount of time to load. Guess I'll be here for a while..........

enma

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
please, tell a moderator about your problem. i can't help you any further  :-\