Author Topic: Problem With Avast & Windows Mail  (Read 2127 times)

badstreet

Problem With Avast & Windows Mail
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:14:35 PM »
Just purchased AIS.....use Vista Home Premium and also have Mailwasher Pro for an email filter......Cannot connect to ATT mail server at times (as much as 45 min) through either Mailwasher Pro or Windows Mail.....getting the following error:

Account: 'pier568', Server: 'inbound.att.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I have been on the phone with ATT support and after their troubleshooting say there is no problem on their end and none of my settings on mail account or server have changed.....googled and may be an issue with email scanning....went into mail shield and unchecked everything....but this issue still seems to be happening from time to time and then all of a sudden everything works fine....then issue starts again......am i missing some setting to turn off located somewhere else in avast or does anyone have any other ideas

Aventador

Re: Problem With Avast & Windows Mail
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
I know this isn't a fix but why don't you just check your mail via the web? Web based email is easier and safer anyways.

ram1220

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
 I am using Avast 8 with Windows Mail. I have AT&T Uverse internet. I don't have a problem using the listed combo. I did notice a few months ago that the AT&T mail server would hang while checking mail. Usually closing Windows Mail and then trying again would get my email. AT&T is really good at shifting the blame towards someone else when the problem usually lies with them. If you are able to get your mail at times then there is no problem with your settings.
 I for one still use Windows Mail because I don't like web mail. Can't speak for the OP but that's just my preference.

Aventador

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
Keep in mind that AT&T uses Yahoo email. So it is most likely a Yahoo issue. I have AT&T U-Verse also but refuse to use Yahoo email. All my email is done via Gmail.

Offline dakiluxa

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
try thunderbird using imap. never had any problem with that.