Author Topic: What advantage is free Avast 7 over free Avast 8?  (Read 1540 times)

vista

What advantage is free Avast 7 over free Avast 8?
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
I prefer 7.0.1454 due to the GUI design - it's more pleasing to the eye - is the scanning level of detection the same as 8.x and are there any more pros of the older version?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:39:55 PM by vista »

Aventador

Re: What advantage is free Avast 7 over free Avast 8?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
Keeping up with changes is how one stays on top of malware. Every company releases a new version of there antivirus. Staying with an older version of the same as staying with XP.

thug4real

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »
Well detection is similar since they use same av signature. As for protection avast 8 is the winner. So if I was you I'll remain with avast 8, really just for the UI to give up on a stronger version isn't the best choice. You need to decide what you want a interface that you like or a better av(av isn't a browser or an OS that you interact daily, you only open when you scan or when you want to modify some settings/see security detail, but really you don't do this every day).  As for the UI, avast 9 will bring some changes in this area.

Regards, RealNature
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:51:06 PM by RealNature »

wyrmrider

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
signatures may be the same but detection and removal could be improved, also protection from disablement may be improved-- ya can't go back
maybe ver 7 can't use all the new signatures...