Author Topic: Updating from version 7 to version 8 for EA and SOA  (Read 8628 times)

Che Johnson

Updating from version 7 to version 8 for EA and SOA
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
I hope you are well.  Version has now been released and so far this new version has great reviews.  This version is 2 years advance from the previous version 7 and is working properly as it should.  Some major fixes from version 7 to version 8 include:

Main new features (+fixes)
- FW: packet rules should be now properly configurable from Console
- Remote Virus chest: delete,restore etc. features should now work correctly
- Exclusions: limit of exclusions has been increased -  1116 characters in one line - 3348 characters in total
- Mirror proxy: settings have been added to the console (Update proxy section) – from now customer does not need to set proxy for mirror manually under mirror.ini file.
- Custom.ini: multiple settings/properties can be changed at once
- Sound settings: now available in the computer catalog settings
- Popups: popups are now configurable via console
- Global exclusions: popups are now configurable via console

Client side changes
- Remote assistance features is now available!
- Sandbox/Autosanbox modification: mostly on the server side
- MS Outlook mail add-in has been completely changed

New supported platforms/products
- Win8 and Win 2012
- MS Exchange 2013
- MS Sharepoint 2013

So, HOW to UPDATE from version 7 to version 8.

Enterprise Administration Update AEA Consoles version 8.0.355

1. To update the console there are 2 options

A. Update from Control Panel and go to add / remove programs.  Then click updates, next and you should start to see your console update to version 8.309

B. Download the set up file from the link below, the set up file will install over the current EA.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/download-trial-business?product=eun#tab3 ( Be sure to choose EPS as the product)

2. After the console has updated, make sure the mirror now shows the correct version and then you can update the clients with an update program task and all new installations will now be version 8 clients.

3. Please REBOOT after upgrade

4. If you have any issues contact edu@avast.com

Small Office Administration Update SOA Consoles version 1.3.2

1. It can only be updated by running the set up file found in the link below.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/download-trial-business?product=eun#tab3 ( Be sure to choose EPS as the product)

2. If your clients haven't already updated then push an update task only after making sure the mirror is also up to date.

If you have any problems during the update please contact us.

Kind Regards and Happy July 4th

claudedavid

Re: Updating from version 7 to version 8 for EA and SOA
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
Hi,

in SOA, I don't find any UPDATE TASK options for PROGRAM when creating a new task, only for the virus database. Any suggestion to PUSH the new program version ?

thanks in advance
Claude DAVID

joealbergo

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »
Yeah I had the same question.

The terms they use are sometimes not relevant to what the actual program has stated.

It makes these tasks very difficult to do.

I am having a nightmare and 75% of my workstations are offline and not seeing the Avast! License file so they are all disabled and in Trial Mode. I am so pissed that I can't ever get any responses or help.

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »
It's not an actual task that you are creating, you first need to update the console first, prior to updating the console. In the SOA you an find this under About Avast (Maintenance Tab), then check for updates and it will take you to a page where you can update and run the set up file.

joealbergo

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »
Thanks, I understand completely -

The point is still how they word it in the "MANUAL"

If they are going to create a "GUIDE" they need to use the proper terms so people can follow the instructions.

I understand what the steps were Che, but others have expressed the same concern-

The Wording of the text should match the program application... simple -