Author Topic: C:\WINDOWS\...\S7HZQ6JL\track2[1].htm Exploit-MhtRedir.gen  (Read 2680 times)

smokethapimp

This is a Trojan that McAfee online scan found that Avast! Home, and also PC-Cillin, Norton and Panda online scans failed to find and identify. I manually removed the file. It was in the following location.  C:WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\ContentIE5\S7HZGQ6JL\track2[1].htm

McAfee claims it is the following Trojan........"Exploit-MhtRedir.gen"

Just thought I would let you guys know so you could maybe add it to your protections if needed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: C:\WINDOWS\...\S7HZQ6JL\track2[1].htm Exploit-MhtRedir.gen
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:14:40 PM »
If you still had it yyou could have zipped and password protected ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Giving a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be an undetected virus and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security