Author Topic: Avast Internet Security and Eudora Email  (Read 8267 times)

ejlegg

Re: Avast Internet Security and Eudora Email
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »
Well, I am not sure if this is clue or not but I went through a sequence of turning off ALL my Shields and then, while leaving both my email and Avast screens open, started opening up each Web Shield one by one, each time logging in and out of my email.  My email login worked for each web shield as it opened.  When they were ALL open, I then closed my Avast Monitor screen and my email login failed.  I then went back into Avast and repeated the whole process over again (ie: shut off my shields and then turned them back on, one by one) BUT THIS TIME, I pinned my Avast Monitor screen to my Taskbar and everything works - my email logs in and all my web shields are up.  Go figure.

Thanks everyone for helping.  I hope that I have fixed my problem.  If not, I will be back to continue the conversation.

ejlegg

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »
Well, I once again spoke too soon.  While my email logged in for several times with my Web Shields up and my Avast Monitoring screen pinned to my taskbar, after about 20 minutes or so, it (my email stopped logging in again) and would only log in with my Web Shields down.  I therefore am back to where I was at the beginning - still seeking sage advice on how to try and fix this problem.

ejlegg

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »
Me again.  This time I went into my Setting Preferences and noticed that there were no check marks against my 'I use Dial Up' or 'I am always connected to the Internet'.  I checked off 'I am always connected.....' and I now seem to be able to login with my email with my Web Shields up.  Long may that last   :)  If that doesn't work after a while, then I will be back to continue the conversation.  How that Setting preference became Unchecked, I do not know and also, why my email would work sometimes and not other times and/or would work for a while then all of a sudden would stop working, I also do not know - or understand.

Dch48

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
That setting is not selected by default. You have to enable it or the dial up one yourself. When you completely uninstall using the removal tool, you get Avast! with all of it's default settings when you reinstall it.

ejlegg

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
Thanks.  However, even with that setting now checked off, my 'Web Shields being on is stopping me from logging in to get my email' problem is back.  My email worked fine all day yesterday with the Shields up but on booting up my computer this morning, I was once again unable to get my email.  When I turned my Web Shields off, I was able to get my emails.  I really want this to get fixed soon or I will seriously consider turning those shields off permanently.  I have never had this problem before and, as stated above, it only started two days ago - after having used Avast for a long time mwithout any problems.  Again, any sage advice would be very much appreciated and welcomed.

avastAU