Author Topic: Adverts in info popups ??  (Read 1652 times)

AdrianH

Adverts in info popups ??
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
I have been paying for avast for some years.

I run AIS on several machines, I really do not want to see any more adverts attempting to get me to purchase other products.  >:(

>:(

Enough is enough, I get updated when the settings are set to ask, I get Chrome installed without permission with the update that should never have happened, and today I keep seeing adverts and product promotions.

I have had numerous complaints from people I recommended avast to ........ they won't be renewing , and nor will I.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Adverts in info popups ??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
With all due respect, the only way avast makes a profit is by users buying their products.
And I'm quite sure you will agree with the fact that the avast employees want to get paid for their efforts.
You have the option to limit the duration of the pop-ups to as low as one measly, tiny second.  :)

GUI>Settings>Pop-Ups
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Online DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Adverts in info popups ??
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:14:35 AM »
Either that or don't show the update notification pop-up at all as these appear to be triggered by the update notification.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security