Author Topic: When you click "reregister" at the top there is no button under the free version  (Read 4946 times)

Warwagon19792

I've noticed that once the Free Avast has expired and a user clicks on the green "Re-register" button on the top of Avast it takes them to a box where that has 3 columns. But only the Pro and Internet Security Columns have buttons you can click. The free version column has no button.

To regegister the free version you have to go into the maintenance tab under "registration".

Please tell me this is a bug and not on purpose. NONE of my customers will know to go to the maintenance section to re-register. I've already had 2 calls about it already saying they are unable to reregister.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Could you please provide a screenshot?  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Warwagon19792

I already re-registered that one users avast and I don't any others that are in need of re-registering, so I clicked the upgrade button that took me to a screen which looks Identical to when the user would click the "re-register" button". This is the screen the users are seeing when they try to re-register their Avast once their subscription expires.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:35:05 PM by Warwagon19792 »

Warwagon19792

Maybe it's a bug with the current version were the register (re-register) button is accidentally acting like the upgrade button.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
It isn't a bug. What version of avast are you using?  ???
The present one v8.0.1489 does not have the "market" tab as shown in your screenshot.
Also the "market tile" is for shopping and not for registration.
To renew your registration is where it has been for quite sometime.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Warwagon19792

This is the version the screenshot was taken on.

I'm just saying regardless whether i'm on the market tab or not the screenshot looks exactly like what the users see's as the column layout if they use the  renew your registration button once their subscription expires.

I was able to reproduce it on a clean install of Avast in a XP Virtual machine.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:08:25 AM by Warwagon19792 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
You are using the current version. I wanted to be sure.
The only way to re-register for the free version via the GUI is through
the "maintenance" tab. As I stated above the "market" tab is for shopping and "not" for
registration. The screenshot you first posted showed that you are currently using the free version
and shows your options to upgrade if you so desire.  :)

edit: Click on the "market" tile, then see your options. GUI>click on "home">click on the "market" tile.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:36:51 PM by Para-Noid »

Warwagon19792

I recorded a video. Here is the issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFNlctZ8ts
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:10:48 PM by Warwagon19792 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
I still see a "market" tab and a "market" tile in your screenshots. There should only be the tile.
Try a repair. Control Panel>Uninstall a program>double click "avast"> click "repair">reboot.  :)

Warwagon19792

I completely uninstalled Avast from that computer and reinstalled the newest version

A) I still have the market tab
B) I still have the issue in the video
C) My media center PC is the latest version and has the media tab and can recreate the issue in the video

here is video #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHx9L8BgKo
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:08:33 AM by Warwagon19792 »

iroc9555

Probably a glitch. It should say UPGRADE and if it switches to REGISTER it should open a window like the green face did.. So it seems, you reregistered via happy green face anyway.

For the MARKET and RECOMMEND tap to go away. Open Avast!. Go to settings and then Community. Deactivate Comunity Features.

Warwagon19792

Well the glitch could confuse a lot of average people.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
I'm wondering if in your first screenshot there was "more" than thirty days left before expiry?  ???
If that is the case the option to renew/re-register would "not" appear.  :)

Warwagon19792

*Face palm*

Just watch the last video I posted.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Hi Warwagon19792,

unfortunately this is a bug ;-( Thank you very much for perfect post and video. We will fix it asap.

Regards,
Martin