Author Topic: SD card was unexpectedly removed - Samsung Intercept  (Read 2643 times)

Murster

SD card was unexpectedly removed - Samsung Intercept
« on: July 10, 2013, 03:19:33 AM »
Samsung Intercept SPH-M910 Android 2.2.3
AvastFree for Mobile

I uninstalled AVAST*Free and Anti-Theft after unchecking device administrator. Now my sdcard lost the pictures in Gallery. Reason I uninstalled avast, since I activated anti-theft the phone repeadedly stated "sdcard was unexpectedly removed" and then another message said "preparing sdcard" or I would only get the first message and have to turn off the screen and when I turned it on again the message said "preparing sdcard". Sometimes I had to pull the battery. I was getting a black screen but I later learned the action of turning it on was taking minutes to do so. I bought another battery to learn this. BTW The phone is running extremely fast after the uninstall so I guess Avast was the drain.

I can't format the sdcard using my cell since the SDCard settings "mount" or "format" are both greyed.  When I plug it into my PC it recognizes the usb drive(E:) in MyComputer but when I click on it an error message says "insert a drive". My PC doesn't see the sdcard in the usb reader.

I assume the SDcard is encrypted by Anti-theft and I missed a step in the uninstall?

My Avast online account security status says:
Real-Time shields:  X    NOT INSTALLED
Virus Definitions Updates:   X   NOT INSTALLED
Program Version:   X   NOT INSTALLED
Definitions Version:   X   NOT INSTALLED
Anti-Theft:  X OFF  Solve problem
The solve problem link wants me to re-install anti-theft but  I see nothing about this in the user manual. I want to gain access to my SDcard again. It was not cheap! It is a SandiskUltra 32Gb about 6 months old.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:38:46 AM by Murster »

Murster

Re: SD card was unexpectedly removed - Samsung Intercept
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
I have Sandisk looking into the Card and the software now, thanks for all your help :P