Author Topic: Unable to Install Anti theft on rooted galaxy s4  (Read 4986 times)

jbomba

Unable to Install Anti theft on rooted galaxy s4
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:23:03 AM »
Hi guys just tried to do an advanced install on a rooted galaxy s4 running 4.2.2 google edition rom. I am getting the following message . Could not write to /system directory (There is not enough space available on the /system partitionof your device (2121003008 B free, 4MiB required) device has plenty of free space. Ill also add that i did not get a notification from SuperSU to grant root permissions which id imagine is the cause of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

enndub

Re: Unable to Install Anti theft on rooted galaxy s4
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:56:53 AM »
Myself and a couple others are having the same problem with our Galaxy S4's with custom roms in this thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=127831.0

It works fine on rooted stock or TW based firmwares, but AFAIK nobody has come up with a solution to this yet. Would love to see some developer input.

ezfox

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »
I have the same problem here.
The issue to not be able to install anti theft i could workaround with restoring the file i had installed when still running the samsung rom from a Titanium Backup Set.

But now i cant store the settings to be hard-reset proof, because the exact same error message comes up when i try to do this.

Error messages:
"Could not write to /system directory (There is not enough space available on the /system partition of your device (-2118270976 B free, 101 KiB required)."
"Could not create UPDATE.ZIP on SD-card (There is not enough space available on the /system partition of your device (-2118270976 B free, 101 KiB required)."

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »
Hi guys just tried to do an advanced install on a rooted galaxy s4 running 4.2.2 google edition rom. I am getting the following message . Could not write to /system directory (There is not enough space available on the /system partitionof your device (2121003008 B free, 4MiB required) device has plenty of free space. Ill also add that i did not get a notification from SuperSU to grant root permissions which id imagine is the cause of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi are you sure the first value in the message isn't negative like with the other users? If it IS negative it would be consistent and i could check.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »
seems to be an value overrun issue when really MEGA space is free. will be fixed in next program update.

enndub

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
As a workaround, you can temporarily put a large file on /system, install anti-theft, and then remove the file. I initially tried to use dd to create the file, but it was going so slow that I ended up just pushing a roughly 1 GB file that I found on my PC.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
good idea - but next week we plan update release which should fix the problem.

enndub

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »
Edit: false alarm worked fine after a reinstall
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:24:36 AM by enndub »