Author Topic: FireFox VS Chrome?  (Read 58498 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: FireFox VS Chrome?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 08:04:40 PM »
In order for avast to check your internet activity, you need to use a browsers whos information can be read by avast!.
The IceDragon doesn't permit that. Simple if you use IceDragon you depend on it's ability to protect you on the net without any help from avast!.
I much prefer avast! to anything coming from Comodo. You can make your own choice.
IceDragon is not a browser I would recommend to any one who asks me for advice.

You would recommend or you wouldn't recommend to any one who asks you for advice Bob ;D
Read what I wrote:
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
In order for avast to check your internet activity, you need to use a browsers whos information can be read by avast!.
The IceDragon doesn't permit that. Simple if you use IceDragon you depend on it's ability to protect you on the net without any help from avast!.
I much prefer avast! to anything coming from Comodo. You can make your own choice.

You would recommend or you wouldn't recommend to any one who asks you for advice Bob ;D
Read what I wrote:

I tried Ice Dragon but didn't like it so uninstalled it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:37:44 PM by -midnight »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »

Read what I wrote:

It isn't a web browser?
Perhaps you should read the whole sentence.  :)

"Read what I wrote:
IceDragon is not a browser I would recommend to any one who asks me for advice."

Offline honda2010

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
Back on my FF now. Thanks for all the info. ;D
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760 Motherboard ,  AMD FX-6100 Processor - Six Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 6MB L2 Cache, 3.30GHz (3.90GHz Max Turbo), Socket AM3+, 95W, Unlocked, OEM, Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Memory Module - DDR3, Samsung Evo SSD, Windows 10 Latest , Fire Fox Latest with ABP, Malwarebytes Pro.

Arnold72

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »
I use firefox as i like it better than this icedragon which to all intents and purposes is just firefox dressed in comodo clothing.If comodo are going to issue a browser then i wish they would come up with something original rather than taking chrome and firefox and dressing them up for a ball.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
Hi Arnold72,

With this extension in fx you have the same verification standard as for  the IceDragon thingie: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/certificate-patrol/
In Chrome it will be ported by default (on demand): https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=49469
The Comodo Propaganda Train: http://patrol.psyced.org/
Taken from that link following:
  Comodo, GeoTrust, GlobalSign, QuoVadis, RSA WebTrust and StartCom are known to offer intermediate CA for money. Still StartCom is extremely popular with small and private web sites for its free services. One Comodo reseller was hacked into, resulting into a plethora of counterfeited certificates for Gmail, Skype, Hotmail, Yahoo and Mozilla. GoDaddy has been notoriously lax in checking the validity of signing requests. DigiNotar is entirely unknown except for the MITM attack on Gmail .....

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Arnold72

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2013, 12:14:36 AM »
Thank you very much for the links polonus. ;)

Offline A. User

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
Well, Chrome has all of the features that are supported from Firefox, also it is faster(maybe you noticed this) and you can view more details for the webpage than the Mozilla browser. And of course, it is more beautiful. But some people are concerned about their privacy. So, try it and make the decision by yourself. ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:09:48 AM by liubomirwm »

Arnold72

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
In terms of browsing speed,I have not noticed any significant difference between the 2 browsers.

Omega40

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2013, 11:49:26 PM »
Tried Chrome for a bit, did not like it as it was very cumbersome to me, so went back to FF. I'm a die-hard FF user along with my Avast!   Long live both of them!!!!!! :)

gdiloren

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2013, 05:37:06 AM »
I have Comodo FW and AVIRAFREE with Webguard shield. It's protecting also the Dragon browser evenif Comodo...!!! Sounds weird to me that Avast's webshield don't protect Ice 8)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »
I have Comodo FW and AVIRAFREE with Webguard shield. It's protecting also the Dragon browser evenif Comodo...!!! Sounds weird to me that Avast's webshield don't protect Ice 8)
Why mention "avira" on an avast forum?  ???
The OP is asking about browsers "not" a/v's.

@ Omega40  Chrome is anything but cumbersome. Chrome is super light and extremely easy to use. BTW I use both for different reasons.  8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:10:58 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »
<snip>

@ Omega40  Chrome is anything but cumbersome. Chrome is super light and extremely easy to use. BTW I use both for different reasons.  8)

How people perceive a browser will be different. I don't like the Chrome interface, I have tried it several times in the past and I just don't like it. So much so that I have gone to the if it isn't broke don't fix it view of the browser you use currently, until it no longer meets your needs why look elsewhere.

So the experience is going to be user based, how you get on with it will differ from user to user.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Omega40

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »
Why mention "avira" on an avast forum?  ???
The OP is asking about browsers "not" a/v's.

I'm happy for you, darling.  ;)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2013, 01:56:30 AM »
I use Firefox because I have a huge feeling it is going some where better then google chrome.. It has many more features built in that you have to get an addon for in chrome.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).