Author Topic: Is Avast Suitable for Windows 8 yet?  (Read 18826 times)

vizzminzi

Re: Is Avast Suitable for Windows 8 yet?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »
I totally agree with you ! Avast don't seem to give f*ck
Because of avast now I am using windows 7
And lost all my programs source codes ...

Now I have to use net reflector to get the source and program them again

Your right bro ....
Avast is more dangerous than a virus ...
I rather have a keyloggers Trojan in my computer . Than avast ...

And I lost my keys to programs
I am using a trail of net reflector , I have to program all day . Cuz 13 days left .....

I can't believe avast did this to me ....

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:46 AM »
vizzminzi before you start pointing fingers how about giving us the full details of your system, OP system 8 or 8.1? Avast version? what AV was on the system prior to installing avast including trial version AV's if a newly purchased System, how were the previous AV's removed and did you run the vendors removal tools.

Also include any other security software that is installed alongside avast.

Also note that this is a public forum that minors attend and foul language use is prohibited and regarded as very disrespectful.

vizzminzi

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
i already told you... 8
so i got windows 8 again...
would avast 7 works on windows 8?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 03:06:05 PM »
i already told you... 8
so i got windows 8 again...
would avast 7 works on windows 8?
I wouldn't use Version 7 on Windows 8, you'll want this version 8.0.1496 B3 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=131804.0 as it works very well

Offline CapriAnupam

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »
I have been using Avast 8 on my Windows 8 desktop since over an year and never had problems. There might be other factors which are resulting in problems on your system. Help the Avast team with what they ask, and help them resolve the problem, rather than posting stuff against Avast.

dionisiog

Re: Is Avast Suitable for Windows 8 yet? (Or is Win 8 ready for anyone?)
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 06:26:28 AM »
Over the past month I tried Windows 8.1.  After it was installed I discovered that Windows had uninstalled Avast because it was 'incompatible'. So clearly from the point of view of Windows 8.1, neither the OS or the antivirus are ready for each other. 
On one laptop I also have installed Windows 7 on one partition & Windows 8 on another partition.  Recently the gui for Avast stopped working in Windows 8. I can no longer scan or update, etc from that partition & that OS.  If I want to update I have to do that from within the installation panel.  If I want to scan anything, I have to restart my system in Windows 7 & scan from there. Are the OS or Avast ready for each other?  I think not. 
But which is the actual problem?  Updates in Windows 8 have crashed 2 of my Win 8 computers.  The Avast gui is wildly incompatible with my software TV Video screen.  I have felt for a long time that as pretty as it looks, the Avast gui is way over-weight & perhaps too fancy to be speedy or adequately friendly with many PCs.
But these are my own experiences, & you know how that goes.