Author Topic: Accessing my router's web interface not working  (Read 11282 times)

paraglider

Re: Accessing my router's web interface not working
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 08:07:14 AM »
You are right: it is sufficient to disable the webshield. In my case it is enough to disable this only for accessing the web interface. Switching on again right after and everything is fine.
Rgds,
paraglider

jrukim

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 12:34:28 PM »
My similar problem was solved disabling the XP Firewall  and enabling it again after the configurations has been made. The avast doesnot affect, in my case, the problem.

paraglider

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 12:42:31 PM »
In my case the Windows XP firewall was active

Ouistiti

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 12:55:55 PM »
Tried today,
You are right: actualy it is sufficient to disable momentary the webshield. Now I can configurate my US Robotics BroadnBand Router 8000-02.  :D
Thanks

Friendly,
Ouistiti

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 02:36:55 PM »
Friends, a solution in your case would be to insert the ip address of the router in to the "Ignored Addresses" field on the Basic tab of the WebShield configuration. Just the IP, eg.: 192.168.123.254

On the other hand we would like to solve the problem in general. Is there any chance the router can be made accessible from the internet (for me to test where the problem is). Or if anyone is willing to install and run some packet tracing tool (e.g. Ethereal) and send me the dumps from the communication, please do!  :-*

Thanks.
Lukas.