Author Topic: Sandboxed executables  (Read 1709 times)

JohnnyBNerdy

Sandboxed executables
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
So, I am a student currently learning to use C++, with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, and also I am using Pelles C IDE. Last night when after writing some simple code, I compiled and executed, but Avast blocked it, and ran it in the sandbox, which is all great and everything, because I know that my firewall is good to go(well it's Avast, so it better be! haha).

It then analyzed the the file, and did not find enough evidence to consider it malware, which is good. It then asked me if I wanted to continue to run the program, which I did. But, it does this every time I run Pelles and execute my code. how do I add it to the exclusionary list? I know I don't add Pelles itself, because I know it's the executable of the code I'm running that's getting sandboxed. Do I just put ".exe" in the exclusionary list, or would that exclude every single ".exe" file run, which would leave me wide open to all sorts of problems?

Sorry if my question doesn't make sense, or if my answer is right in front of me. Learning all of this pretty fast. Thanks in advance!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Sandboxed executables
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:28:48 PM »
Hope this helps :)
You can add just the folder where your own files are: C:\Files\*.exe
Welcome to forums.
The best things in life are free.